Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 01-07-2015, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Oh my temp is going to be minus 14 in the morning they are saying with the wind the windchill is going to be minus 30 to 40 and it's the one day I have to go out Brrrrrr. Terriamn
    Holy cow ladies!!!! I guess now is not a good time to tell you that it's going to be 78 here today down from the 80's of the last 2 days.
    Old 01-07-2015, 05:48 AM

See, that's why I shouldn't have left San Diego!!!
    Originally Posted by Billi
    Holy cow ladies!!!! I guess now is not a good time to tell you that it's going to be 78 here today down from the 80's of the last 2 days.
    Old 01-07-2015, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    See, that's why I shouldn't have left San Diego!!!
    And this is why it will take an act of god to get me to leave San Diego.....seriously considered moving to Hawaii or possibly the virgin islands when mr bill retires but I just can't, it would be entirely to far away from my girls.
    Old 01-07-2015, 06:54 AM

Both my boys were born there and it was rough moving. It meant leaving two extremely close friends and i've never found that level of friendship since. BUT, the biz opportunity for Mr. Janice (ha!) was too great to not make the move. And GA has fantastic seasons, even if the summer is way too hot. I did miss seasons in SD.
    Originally Posted by Billi
    And this is why it will take an act of god to get me to leave San Diego.....seriously considered moving to Hawaii or possibly the virgin islands when mr bill retires but I just can't, it would be entirely to far away from my girls.
    Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 AM

We had a cold spell last week. Below 0 at night. Had to blanket the horses. Yesterday was nice (77). Good thing. The dogs broke the screen door latch banging through the puppy door all day and I was out in the yard fixing it last evening.

With that on my plate and feeding the horses, feeding me, going back to work and getting up at 4 am and a quick trip to JoAnns for some WOW (had a 25% of everything coupon I couldn't pass up), I didn't get to play with my F8s last night. But I do have some great ideas.
    Old 01-07-2015, 08:03 AM

I am a life long from the womb, hater of all things winter and cold. If I had my choice I would move to the equator, seriously! At the very least close to it. Every winter I am firmly convinced I will freeze to death before spring arrives. I think our winter temps are ridiculous, but some of you guy's winters are beyond imagination.
    Old 01-07-2015, 08:29 AM

I was born in Mo, still in Mo and I LOVE winter...I love to see it snowing and the beautiful white ground and the cold just seems to energize me....DO NOT like anything over 85...definitely NOT with humidity!! Don't understand how my twin brother lives in Florida where there is only ONE season...guess we are all made different!!
    Was 10 this morning but with the wind chill was -20...kids started school two hours late. Im still waiting for the lst snow of the year!
    Old 01-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    I was born in Mo, still in Mo and I LOVE winter...I love to see it snowing and the beautiful white ground and the cold just seems to energize me....DO NOT like anything over 85...definitely NOT with humidity!! Don't understand how my twin brother lives in Florida where there is only ONE season...guess we are all made different!!
    Was 10 this morning but with the wind chill was -20...kids started school two hours late. Im still waiting for the lst snow of the year!
    I am w/ your brother, lol. I love 85, don't even start to get uncomfortable until close to 100. I think 70 is cold and 50 is frigid, anything below 50 is intolerable, ridiculous, and downright inhumane.
    Old 01-07-2015, 08:53 AM

I have a coat w/ me year round, even it our hellish summers b/c of the air conditioning. I get made fun of at work all the time w/ my coat in the heat of summer.
    Old 01-07-2015, 09:53 AM

OK, here's the missing 3rd block I made but the colors are way off too dull. I fixed it b/c one of those darn corner hsts was turned the wrong way. This is for Terriamn. Terri, you wanted bright and I promise that yellow actually is a lot brighter than it appears. It's on a par with the little yellow dots in your F8. The orange is also brighter. Hope it will work for you!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]505075[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails jj-terri-march-copy.jpg