Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 01-27-2015, 02:51 PM

Terriamn.......that is chill-binding! I would be rendered useless hearing of that news! Prayers of peace for you, the girls and everyone involved. Pray knowingly that the Angels are there to wrap fearful hearts in comfort and safety. Love to you and the families.

Bee
    Old 01-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Ok Kat........ I am willing to put up the finished quilt (64" x 76" ish) from the blocks of Boom 14 (Nana's Giggle Quilt). Since I won't have blocks until the first week of March......I will take the Challenge based on having it finished with binder ready for Mother's Day!

What say you.........? Anyone else up for the Challenge?

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    I love focus pillows. I have them on all my beds. I usually pick at least one block out of the bunch every time and make it a pillow. This time it's yours.

Are you ready for another challenge? I sewed almost all my quilt tops together while I was on vacation. Just need a "push" to get em done!

KAT
    Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 PM

A mother's day challenge, and I'm still working on the Christmas challenge!!!!!! lol lol
    Old 01-27-2015, 03:15 PM

ROTFL.......I thought an Easter Challenge might be unrealistic!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    A mother's day challenge, and I'm still working on the Christmas challenge!!!!!! lol lol
    Old 01-27-2015, 03:24 PM

Maybe this will help - instead of trying to save original pic in reduced size - try to use "save as" and just add an indicator to the code = I used sm for small. When you do this you end up with two images in your photo gallery - your original and the smaller version.
    Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Note: Sorry about the color distortion. My Sony digital camera doesn't want to play well with others. Still working on reducing the actual screen size of the photo. I save it 25% of original size in my Microsoft Paint program, but when I copy it over to QB it pops up giant as you see here. I have been successful in reducing the resolution...just won't save the actual size. Will try something else tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Bee
    Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM

Heck I'm frantically trying to finish my granddaughters graduation quilt have a week and a half till it's due at quilter. Couldn't work on it today had to grocery shop etc. Terriamn
    Old 01-27-2015, 05:11 PM

BB I have your block finished, I hope the thought I was going for comes through. I was able to make a pocket too.
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0523.jpg  
    Old 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM

The dream bubble edges are 3D, and you can't see in the pic but the stitching of the dream bubble to the background is a fancy stitch on my machine that looks like clouds connected by a wavy line.
    Old 01-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Crafty - I haven't been able to re-set the color intensity on my camera. However, here's what I discovered. I take the photo on my device (in this case my Sony digital camera) From there I download it via the USB port to my PC using the software provided by Sony. I rename and save it to My Pictures. Remove my camera and USB cord from my PC. Then I go in and open My Pictures to the photo file name. I double click it and it opens in Microsoft Paint Program. There I can reduce the resolution and the size of the photo.....only if I find "print" in the drop down menu and click there for the ability to save as a reduced resolution and visual size before printing. If I click file....save in my paint program it will not allow me to revise it....I have to click file...print and then look at my options...make the changes and then click save. I can't believe I just explained all that! Scarey!

Thanks for the post Crafty, I appreciate the support.
    Bee

Originally Posted by craftyone27
    Maybe this will help - instead of trying to save original pic in reduced size - try to use "save as" and just add an indicator to the code = I used sm for small. When you do this you end up with two images in your photo gallery - your original and the smaller version.
    Old 01-27-2015, 06:46 PM

I love this block, Kass and she will too! It is so her! Dreaming of spring gardening is what she holds on to. The pocket is wonderful! Thank you so much....for this! I did get the feeling of what you wanted to express immediately.

Hugs,
    Bee

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    BB I have your block finished, I hope the thought I was going for comes through. I was able to make a pocket too.

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 01-27-2015 at 06:55 PM.