• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Oh Bee my heart hurts for you. Blending lots of hugs. Terri
    Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 PM

Sending lots of hugs. Terri
    Old 02-06-2015, 02:24 PM

Bee my heart breaks for you. I lost my mom way to early 17 years ago she was 67 I was only 36 I watched her slip away as emphysema wonthere is her ofen there were so many things I had left to learn so many memories I wished for my kids to have with her. I did one thing right back then I spent what time with her I could sometimes talking others just sitting together always listening....I forgave her those silly childish things I held on too for way to long she wasn't perfect but she did the best she could and she was my mom.

Best advice I can give is allow her to be the woman she is and is becoming, allow yourself to be the woman and daughter you are her changes will change you, live in the moment the best you can and forgive yourself for not being a perfect person or daughter. She is your mom and she loves you not inspite of all your flaws and warts but because of them.

I put every possible good wish and hopeful prayer into my quilt block for her as I am sure others did too. I am choosing to believe that the powere of positive thought and prayer will bring both of you comfort and she will be able to enjoy the quilt for sping times to come.
    Old 02-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Ladies, these last few posts are heartbreaking and comforting and everything in between. You are all gems in my book...many hugs
    Old 02-06-2015, 04:24 PM

Side swap block for our fearless leader it's a friendship star I like the movement in this block.
    Attached Thumbnails 2015-02-06-05.12.41.jpg  
    Old 02-06-2015, 05:00 PM

Bee - amazing how something can affect each of us differently. I am glad that it gave you the necessary prospective on life. My mom is 87, still living by herself, and we are always 'catching' her doing things she should not physically be doing. In two months we leave FL to spend with her and give my SIL a break. When we talk on the phone - she talks and talks and then hangs up. Her social skills have changed. She says things she shouldn't. But then I put my glasses on and look in the mirror and see I am following in her footsteps!
    /thank you ladies - we all seem to be caregivers
    Old 02-06-2015, 05:33 PM

Love it, Billi, love it!!! Thank you!
    Originally Posted by Billi
    Side swap block for our fearless leader it's a friendship star I like the movement in this block.
    Old 02-06-2015, 08:03 PM

Just getting settled in at home for the night. I have journeyed a million miles today! Had a wonderful dinner and visit with Mom. When peace comes, it is so healing. Today's life lessons are many and the wisdom gained will always remain with me. Most of all, I will never forget this incredible "sisterhood of the quilting cloth" ( ) who has helped guide me through this difficult stretch of road. I never imagined when I decided to become a quilter in 2009, the inspiration, enlightenment and joy that decision would add to my life.

In short, we have something wonderful here. Thank you all for every word, every prayer and especially the wisdom that you shared. God will always provide something to be grateful for ......and we never need to look far and long. God bless everyone of us, including those who read the posts and did not comment. Each one is part of the beautiful thread that God weaves through our lives as a light to show the way. Hold onto your thread....it is always right there beside you.

I love all the garden blocks being made for this quilt. I know it will bring many years of joy. Boomers are the Berries! I am looking forward to finishing quilts in time for Mother's day! I am thinking of finishing one quilt each year as a donation to a deserving Mom.

Pockets full of love to you all, sleep well,

Bee
    Old 02-07-2015, 06:24 AM

Bee I am so sorry for all that you have had to go through. Its not fair is it? I gave up on fair a long time ago and now go with it is what is before me. nothing more. I hope that healing comes quickly and for the record I remember being stuck in a convelesant home for one month after my liver transplant. it was miserable! I wanted to go home so bad it wasn't funny. everyone was over 85 there my two roomies were 90 and 93 or something like that hated each other and were nasty all day long. one took her hearing aids off not to hear the woman in the other bed complain. I was stuck between them. they were so busy no time for helping me with walking it was a waste of time and a miserable place to be. I hear your mom completely on that. food is awful. they even pureed the carrots they served. omg. so tell mom its ok she is coming home soon if not home and she will heal a whole lot faster at home. give her time. things are not so simple with troubles like hers. takes time.

I am back! surgery this week didn't go. but upside is they only went into two armpits not my leg too so I am happy not to lose the legs also. I love the blocks that are made! they are wonderful and so colorful. wow. I cant wait to get mine back. I feel you to the posting on so many blocks to put together. I am occasionally on the ufo board here because I get tops all finished blocks that is. putting them together is not fun. putting a quilt together is even more work when I have.. new things that need doing! it is a tough job! I got five finished last year which made me very happy. one I still have to put the binding on omg. its been waiting for almost a month now.. I love new things.. old are already boring lol. so yes you should go over to the ufo board and get the encouragement to finish. I am down to one binding, and three unfinished tops. not bad. should have seen my box last year? overwhelming! tada! you can do it too!
    Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 AM

Elisabrat, I was hoping to hear from you. Everything you shared above is going on with my Mom. She doesn't want to be there and I am having a whole bunch of serious empathy for that. .....the biggest guilt trip I have ever been on. I will say the food isn't my home cooking, however not all that bad. The nursing care is wonderful and only 3 miles from my house - I am there various times throughout the day and evening. Until she had the stroke, I could take her out with me for 3-4 hours. She especially liked to go on the ride to the quilt shop. However, now that is impossible.

I know things have not been easy for you...in fact you are my champion! Your strength is far greater than anyone else I know. Your humor, honesty and perseverance is truly spirit-filled. I love reading your posts - You shine a big light in this universe......

but as for pureed cooked carrots.....now that is certainly a sample of h---'s kitchen......blaque! ....gross....just the thought of that would help me walk again .

I am so excited to finish and post a photo of your block for this swap. My DH says its my best one yet! I don't have to add a "hang in there" or some other often said words of encouragement.......you can teach us all something about that! Just know you are loved - not only by your creator....but by all of us here too.

Love swapping with you - working on my UFO's and looking forward to getting all the blocks from this swap.

I love you - Bee!