Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-14-2015, 07:27 AM

Here's my block for NanaKathy. I need to go back and look at it again because if it's as wonky as it appears in this pic, I need to do some work on it! (MUST be the lighting...) NK, I hope this will work with your other blocks! (BTW, I shrank the photo a bit too small which made all those crazy wavy lines in the grey/blue fabric. They really aren't there.)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]510066[/ATTACH]

That leaves only Bee's block for me to do. I have all these great ideas but so far I'm not happy with the way they've turned out in my practice blocks. Well, still have some time.
    Attached Thumbnails 002-copy.jpg  
    Old 02-14-2015, 07:54 AM

This is my side swap block for Quilt Addict. I promise it's square...I'm the one who's off today. Seems I just can not take a straight picture.
    Attached Thumbnails boom-14-side-swap-001-2-.jpg  
    Old 02-14-2015, 08:52 AM

Very pretty. love the blue! I'll add it to the gallery soon.
    Originally Posted by Libster
    This is my side swap block for Quilt Addict. I promise it's square...I'm the one who's off today. Seems I just can not take a straight picture.
    Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 AM

I've made a couple of blocks for myself today. I guess I'm just antsy waiting for the storm to blow in here. They are Jacob's Ladder and The Dandy from QC.
    Attached Thumbnails boom-14-004-2-.jpg   boom-14-001-2-b.jpg  
    Old 02-14-2015, 12:41 PM

That is a good idea...I think I will make a couple for myself also while the weather is bad!
    Old 02-15-2015, 09:08 AM

Janice, I will send reimbursement for the fabric you send to me and thank you everyone for helping with this. I am stumped what happened but I never laid fabrics out to look at simply pulled one at a time til they were all finished. if its here and I locate it I will surely send it back to nanakathy to use in the rest of her quilt. I hang my head in sadness that I even had to ask. Your all so wonderful to be so helpful and understanding. I will do that block the second it arrives and send you an email you Janice when it gets here. HUGS! for everyone!
    Old 02-15-2015, 10:15 AM

Brat, "Stuff" happens and occasionally F8s go missing. As I pointed out already, it happened to me and I'm utterly anal about keeping track of things and organization. (Ummm...also not 100 percent how it happened but it did.) Maybe this is one of life's ways of reminding us we aren't so in control, even when we think we are. I'd stop fretting about it as it's being handled. Not worth the worry. The F8 is on the way. It's a piece that Seasaw had left over from her two blocks, she's in both groups. She was able to make 2 blocks from one F8 so she was returning the fabric to NK. As far as I'm concerned, the problem is under control and is basically solved.
    Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Janice, I will send reimbursement for the fabric you send to me and thank you everyone for helping with this. I am stumped what happened but I never laid fabrics out to look at simply pulled one at a time til they were all finished. if its here and I locate it I will surely send it back to nanakathy to use in the rest of her quilt. I hang my head in sadness that I even had to ask. Your all so wonderful to be so helpful and understanding. I will do that block the second it arrives and send you an email you Janice when it gets here. HUGS! for everyone!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-15-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Old 02-15-2015, 01:58 PM

These two block are for Janice. This has been an adventure in sewing and piecing. My sewing room looks like a hurricane blew through it. I will try to be brief! Ok.....so I headed into Quilter's Cache to find a really pretty pattern....something deserving of our dedicated leader! After much deliberating came the final answer. The Double Aster....a beautiful block so fitting for the floral pattern. Printed it and off to the cutting board. I read the instructions at least 10 times....chose fabrics and started cutting. Thank the Lord that quiet voice kept saying, "Do not cut her fabric yet". Many hours later, I abandoned the plan and fear set in. I had cut half of the F8 into half square triangles.

When all else fails, turn to my big Thimble Berries Book. And there is was. The Windflower and with a little creativity....I could make it work. I was able to make a second block with my already cut pieces.

Never again will I attempt to make the "Double Dis-Aster" Swooooosh! I barely made it through this with my shorts as my DH would say. I hope i have not ventured to far away from your instructions Janice...I have a minor adjustment to make in the first one....beautiful ombre fabric - squared up to a perfect 12 1/2 inch sq.

Buzzed from Bee-ing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510371[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails boomerang-14-block-made-janice-1.jpg   boomerang-14-block-made-janice-2.jpg  
    Old 02-15-2015, 01:59 PM

P.S.

The dark is actually a navy with swirls....not at all that dark.
    Old 02-15-2015, 02:03 PM

Very creative and outside the box, I especially love the friendship star w/ the cool center.