Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-23-2015, 08:37 AM

Thanks, KAT! I've had only a couple of hangovers in my life, all many years ago, and i strive never, ever to have a repeat! So no, no headache! lol

And it was probably Jaba who suggested the borders on Bee's, not me, although I agree with it.
    Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    Catching up on the weekend's posts.

Bee, I agree with Janice, the center needs a frame. You're on your own after that. My process is complete the top and then add borders until it fits the bed.

Ladies, your UFOs are wonderful. I feel that my challenge quilt is WAY less challenging than any of yours.

Janice, happy belated birthday. Hope that scotch tasted good . . . and wishing you no morning after headache.

AZ KAT
    Old 02-23-2015, 08:52 AM

See whats the name of that pattern. Its VERY striking with the colors you used!! Everyone is so busy working on their challenges...Ive just sent my Boom 11 I think it was to the quilters...then I only have Boom 13s left to finish!! Yeah... But since I was in hospital I have no desire to do anything....I don't seem to have any energy or pep...guess its all the medicine still working its way out but I hope it disappears soon...Don't like being blah and depressed..maybe spring will help!!!!
    Old 02-23-2015, 10:20 AM

Ohh love both quilts. Janice and Bee they are both gorgeous and look labor intensive.

had great plans for today but went and had my shingles shot and three biopseys. Feel rather beat up right now with little ambition. Think a nap is in my very near future. It is 10 below with a windshield of 25 below, great day to snuggle under a nice warm quilt
    Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Terri sometimes the snuggle and nap days are the best days. When I wake up from those, I always feel recharged!

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Ohh love both quilts. Janice and Bee they are both gorgeous and look labor intensive.

had great plans for today but went and had my shingles shot and three biopseys. Feel rather beat up right now with little ambition. Think a nap is in my very near future. It is 10 below with a windshield of 25 below, great day to snuggle under a nice warm quilt
    Old 02-23-2015, 10:28 AM

Yyaaayyyyy! Blocks are on the way to Janice....sent tracking number. Janice, you should have them on Wednesday latest. Note: mailed side swap block with Kass directly to her. Coming regular mail Kass.

Thanks everyone for a great swap! Looking forward to getting all the blocks! Working on my Boom 11 quilt today.

Pictures coming,
    Bee
    Old 02-23-2015, 10:34 AM

After watching all the "weather" pics on TV recently, I MAY rethink this move to Wisconsin. How much do I REALLY like my kids? hmmmmmm
    Old 02-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    After watching all the "weather" pics on TV recently, I MAY rethink this move to Wisconsin. How much do I REALLY like my kids? hmmmmmm
    I was wondering if that was ever going to cross your mind. For me I think every summer I would be yes I adore them and every winter I would be eh they are ok I'll adopt new ones that live where it's warmer.

My youngest is in Flagstaaf I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she will come home when she graduates this year.
    Old 02-23-2015, 02:23 PM

Janice - Love your "basic" quilt - what size are the blocks? Can't wait to make one like that - it is on my bucket list!!
    Old 02-23-2015, 04:41 PM

TG, it's Bonnie hunter's Scrappy Trips, one of Jclinganrey's swaps from late 2014. You can find it here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...und-world.html The block is 12 1/2 unfinished. I found it to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated as I really had to have accurate seam allowances. You cannot really see it in the pic, but I wasn't the only one who had trouble getting the block to 12 1/2! The sizes were wildly off but since this is for me, I just cut down the large ones and sewed them together although that did make some of the squares rectangular. I'm ok with it as I expect some of that will be less noticeable once I quilt it and wash it. I did enjoy making the blocks but sometimes I found them a bit fidgety. I'd make another one in the future though I'd plan it next time around.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Janice - Love your "basic" quilt - what size are the blocks? Can't wait to make one like that - it is on my bucket list!!
    Old 02-23-2015, 04:43 PM

Too funny!
    Originally Posted by Billi
    ...For me I think every summer I would be yes I adore them and every winter I would be eh they are ok I'll adopt new ones that live where it's warmer...