Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 AM

Good morning from Snowy (what did I say???) Georgia. Yup, big ole fat flakes are falling but since it's hovering just at 33 degrees, it won't last long.

In any case, I've heard from Bluelady and she is working both hard at her job and on her blocks! And as for me, today is my day to tackle my last block, although it will have to wait until after "the girls" and I have our morning constitutional, but this time in the snow! Got to enjoy it before it disappears in a couple of hours.
    Old 02-24-2015, 06:33 AM

It's two different blocks , the one with the star is called "braided Star" The second one, well that's a whole different animal.
    It started out as the "Irish Log Cabin" but the crosses were straight up and down instead of from corner to corner. So I redrew the block so they would go corner to corner like the Braided Star blocks. but in doing so it made the flowers short and stubby because there isn't as much room on the sides as there are in the corners. I didn't like it at all so I removed one of the logs where the flowers were and it gave me more room for the flower and also made it easier to make the flowers without cutting off the points.

One thing I will change if I ever do this block again is to make the leaves of the flowers longer. The reason for that is so I don't have to worry about matching them to the corners in the flower and I can zip through it faster. If you look real close at my blocks you will notice that not all of them match up but I'm ok with them the way they are because I've never seem flowers in a real garden that were perfect either. LOL "That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!!!!"

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    See whats the name of that pattern. Its VERY striking with the colors you used!! Everyone is so busy working on their challenges...Ive just sent my Boom 11 I think it was to the quilters...then I only have Boom 13s left to finish!! Yeah... But since I was in hospital I have no desire to do anything....I don't seem to have any energy or pep...guess its all the medicine still working its way out but I hope it disappears soon...Don't like being blah and depressed..maybe spring will help!!!!
    Old 02-24-2015, 06:50 AM

Wow Janice, that is one pretty quilt and even though we do other types of blocks there is NO way I want to match up all those tiny squares. LOL My blocks are way more simpler then what you have here so don't short your self on that.
    Old 02-24-2015, 07:23 AM

Janice
    THANK YOU so much for taking the time to download & post my blocks for me..I really appreciate it!!!!!
    And thanks to all the ladies for making my beautiful blocks!!
    Old 02-24-2015, 07:53 AM

You are most welcome!
    Originally Posted by NanaKathy55
    Janice
    THANK YOU so much for taking the time to download & post my blocks for me..I really appreciate it!!!!!
    And thanks to all the ladies for making my beautiful blocks!!
    Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Just dropped my UFO with quilter, it should be done next week ascquiltercwants to rip Her machine apart and give it an overhaul. Yahoo. As soon as I'm feeling better will cut binding so it's ready to go
    Old 02-24-2015, 03:04 PM

Terriamn....good to see you back from the land of Zzzzzs

Worked on my UFO blocks from Boom 11. Thanks to everyone's good suggestions. I incorporated them all. The borders around the center block are so much nicer than the photo. Tomorrow I will decide on a fabric to cut and sew half-square triangles together to finish the big center. Then on to final border before adding all the blocks as outer borders.

Love seeing everyone's progress photos.

Bee[ATTACH=CONFIG]511463[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails boomerang-11-designing-quilt.jpg  
    Old 02-24-2015, 03:06 PM

Snowy day here too today. Out of boredom, I've made myself another block. We're expecting another snow storm to come in tomorrow afternoon AND another one on Sunday. Good grief..enough already!! Oh well, I have two more blocks cut out, ready to put together.
    If I can make myself sandwich (I hate doing this) my greatgrandson's top, I guess I'll join the UFO club with you guys. I really do need to get it finished. If I can get it sandwiched, I'll machine quilt it myself. Just something simple. I love doing the binding. Somebody wanta' give me a swift kick in the rear to get me started? LOL
    Attached Thumbnails boom-14-libby-002-2-.jpg  
    Old 02-24-2015, 03:25 PM

Bee, that is beautiful!
    Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511467[/ATTACH]Snow has me captive also! Added 12" blocks on one side. Went through leftover blocks from previous swaps, and found an outhouse from a house block swap! Well, the quilt is 'a walk around the neighborhood' - so why not! Lol..onward
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg