Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-11-2015, 07:09 PM

all's good, they will get here I'm sure. Will let you know when they arrive. Some pretty quilt's are going to be made from everyone's fabric choices, can hardly wait to see them.
    Old 03-11-2015, 08:26 PM

I got mine today! The blocks are wonderful, ladies! Thank you so much for the Boom. I am so sorry I ran late. I guess I won't be joining any Booms for awhile. But I will keep peeking in on ya'll.
    Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 AM

Wonderful, about the getting the blocks part, I mean! When things slow down or change at work, you jump right back into the Booms. And don't forget we do have the longer one which would give you an extra month. Keep in touch!
    Originally Posted by Bluelady
    I got mine today! The blocks are wonderful, ladies! Thank you so much for the Boom. I am so sorry I ran late. I guess I won't be joining any Booms for awhile. But I will keep peeking in on ya'll.
    Old 03-12-2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie
    Billi- that quilt is going to be beautiful!

Thank you Difergie I like how its looking I'm also thinking that there are going to be a lot of beautiful quilts from this swap, love your old linens idea and moons blue and purple is another great thought. I think one of my favorite parts of this is to hear and see what everybody comes up with it such creative people with style and color ideas I learn so much doing this from all of you.
    Old 03-12-2015, 09:40 AM

Mine are out for delivery! WOW from leaving AL at 3am yesterday to on the truck in Maricopa today. Looks like the PO is making up some time.

Can't wait to get home now.
    Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Got my blocks today! I love them. All of them are exactly what I was looking for and they're all the right size. Thank you so much Ladies. I love doing the Booms with this group.
    Janice, you are the perfect hostess. Thanks for all of your hard work and long hours that you devote to the Booms. I think I can safely say how much we all appreciate you. You make it work for all of us.
    Tomorrow is going to be another cold rainy day, I think it'll be perfect for cutting F8s and getting them bagged for Boom 15. YAY!!!!
    Old 03-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Here are the beautiful blocks along with others I have been working on. Just love each and every perfect size 12.5 block you made me. The two duplicates are at the corners and noticed that one other I did was same block so it went on the corner too. Plan on embroidering on the center block - not sure what. As I look at the pic I am not loving the big purple and white X so will have to replace...
    When I laid them out and put fabric I was planning to use for sashing, I decided against it. Will wait for backing fabric to come in and play with that. Need something that will make the blocks shine - any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails boom.jpg  
    Old 03-12-2015, 03:49 PM

It's amazing how disproportionate the white and purple x looks compared to the others. When I first looked at the picture I thought all the blcks with purple were going to be grouped together in the middle. I was going to suggest that you sash those with white and sash all the others with your purple. But since that is not the case I got nothing, except your blocks are wonderful and it going to be really pretty.
    Old 03-12-2015, 04:35 PM

Hello Boomers! Been a "busy bee" the last few days.....seems like the days are flying by. My blocks came today are they are all wonderful. Just got them out and pressed and put up at random on the design wall. I am still trying to get my Boom 11 top finished up. Hopefully photos over the weekend. Then onto the next UFO......the poppy quilt I made in a mystery quilt class I took a couple of years ago. The top is finished just need to piece the backing and take to long arm.

Now....lets get down to business on the "Boomer's Retreat"! Difergi and I ran away for a girl's lunch and a movie yesterday. Almost simultaneously we both said,"We could do a great retreat here in Sweetwater"! We decided to go for it.

I have 2 spare bedrooms and a 1 bedroom guest cottage....on 17 acres in town with a large outdoor pool and lots of room to accommodate travel homes. Di has the B&B experience in the Historic District and the Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat is only a few miles up the road. Historic Downtown shopping is walkable offering many boutique shops. The Willow Creek Community Center here in my neighborhood has the perfect room to set up our machines for all night quilting if necessary. I have lots of photos.....PM me your e-mail and I will send you overview. This could be a great way to spend time together and save our money for quilt shops within 20 miles. Let's go for it.

Hey we are not getting any younger....maybe we just can make this happen. What's meant to be will find its way.

Pictures to follow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513339[/ATTACH]
    Nana's Giggle Quilt---in the making!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513340[/ATTACH]

Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat - 5 minutes from downtown ( www.whistlestopquiltretreat.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513341[/ATTACH]
    Downtown Sweetwater

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513342[/ATTACH]

Willow Creek Community Center
    Attached Thumbnails nanas-giggle-quilt.jpg   whistlestop-quilt-retreat.jpg   downtown-sweetwater.jpg   sweetwater-map.jpg  
    Old 03-12-2015, 04:43 PM

The Boomerang 15 quilts are really great! Hat's off to everyone! Words cannot describe the joy I have had participating in this Boom. The caring friends, the sharing hearts and the knowing that we are all connected to a golden thread that keeps us there for each other. Thanks for a great Swap! You are all "Super Boomers" in my book! Let's go quilting!

Buzzing with joy!
    Bee