Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-12-2015, 05:52 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513343[/ATTACH]I have 4+ guest rooms in an old victorian, looking for company!
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 03-12-2015, 05:58 PM

Question. How would you bring your machine on a plane for a retreat?
    Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 PM

Think you have to check it like cargo or buy it a seat
    Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 PM

Bring as a carry on...
    Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 PM

Don't recommend carrying as carry on. My friend and I flew to a retreat. No problem with her machine going coming back they wouldn't let her carry it on, it had to go in cargo and she only had a soft sided bag. Have never brought my machine with since then. When I go to Indy a few of the ladies have extra machines and will bring them with for those of us that fly in.
    Old 03-12-2015, 08:19 PM

Wonder how many hours it would take to drive to Tennesse, just gave dh the talk on saving money and I am on retreat two with another one next month. Can't imagine if I said I wanted to fly off into the wild blue younder again
    Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 PM

I have taken my featherweight with me many times on the plane. Fits right under the seat in front of me. Never had a problem getting it through, and it travels safely with me all the way.
    Old 03-12-2015, 11:37 PM

sorry I haven't been in lately but things aren't going to good right now. I'm trying really hard just to sit up long enough to write this and it's killing me.
    I just checked my emails for the first time in over a week and saw the Janice sent out the blocks.
    I see that my blocks have been delivered but since I'm about 1/2 a mile away from the mail box, I'm not sure when I will get them. As far as the challenge quilt, that is out for now, maybe I can get back on it later.

Just so you know, I fell on the ice about 2 weeks ago, landed on my back with my leg twisted up be hide me. I thought I was OK but within about 2 days things went south. I can't sit more then about 5 minutes or I have pains in my lower spine and hips. Can't go to the doctor because our insurance company still hasn't give me a doctor that I can see that they will pay for. So, I'm winging it. DH is sick with some sort of sinus crap and I think I'm now getting it too. That's why I'm up at this hour, 3:15AM. Can't sleep for coughing and can't sit up, what's next????

Well, I have to go, but I will try to come back later on to catch up on things. I just wanted to let you all know that the blocks are here, it just might take a while to actually get them.

Thanks for all the blocks, I'm sure they will be beautiful in a quilt.
    Old 03-13-2015, 03:30 AM

Sea, I am so sorry that's awful. Damn insurance companies that should be against the law. Please take care and as hard as it is stay on them what they are doing is not right.
    Old 03-13-2015, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Hello Boomers! Been a "busy bee" the last few days.....seems like the days are flying by. My blocks came today are they are all wonderful. Just got them out and pressed and put up at random on the design wall. I am still trying to get my Boom 11 top finished up. Hopefully photos over the weekend. Then onto the next UFO......the poppy quilt I made in a mystery quilt class I took a couple of years ago. The top is finished just need to piece the backing and take to long arm.

Now....lets get down to business on the "Boomer's Retreat"! Difergi and I ran away for a girl's lunch and a movie yesterday. Almost simultaneously we both said,"We could do a great retreat here in Sweetwater"! We decided to go for it.

I have 2 spare bedrooms and a 1 bedroom guest cottage....on 17 acres in town with a large outdoor pool and lots of room to accommodate travel homes. Di has the B&B experience in the Historic District and the Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat is only a few miles up the road. Historic Downtown shopping is walkable offering many boutique shops. The Willow Creek Community Center here in my neighborhood has the perfect room to set up our machines for all night quilting if necessary. I have lots of photos.....PM me your e-mail and I will send you overview. This could be a great way to spend time together and save our money for quilt shops within 20 miles. Let's go for it.

Hey we are not getting any younger....maybe we just can make this happen. What's meant to be will find its way.

Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat - 5 minutes from downtown ( www.whistlestopquiltretreat.com
    So exactly what are we talking about an actual retreat or getting together and creating our own retreat? I think I'm confused. Also when are you thinking about doing this? All of yours and Di's pictures are very inviting and something I would seriously consider doing.

Also I really am excited to see Nana's quilt finished I feel honored to be part of it.