Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

• Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-24-2014, 04:53 AM

Okay...I am in-I think these booms help keep me sane....relatively speaking ��
    Old 11-24-2014, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
    Oh thank you Bee. I have the second interview with boss higher up the food chain tomorrow. If I get this job I will thrown into a whirl wind as it is the busiest time of year for them. Dec thru April 15 is crazy daze!

I have been looking at all the wonderful fabrics coming out for this boom and thinking what fun this one will be. Your gardening fabric would be a hoot to work with!!
    I have been in the booms only for the last four times, and wow... they are getting better every single time! Janice has doing an awesome job holding this all together for us. I see I still have a few more days to decide....
    Awsome news! Keeping good thoughts and my fingers crossed for you.
    Old 11-24-2014, 05:33 AM

Don't worry, Bluelady, sign-ups don't close until the 6th of December and the sign-ups have slowed down. There should be room if you decide in a week you want in.

Good luck with the interview!
    Originally Posted by Bluelady
    Oh thank you Bee. I have the second interview with boss higher up the food chain tomorrow. If I get this job I will thrown into a whirl wind as it is the busiest time of year for them. Dec thru April 15 is crazy daze!

I have been looking at all the wonderful fabrics coming out for this boom and thinking what fun this one will be. Your gardening fabric would be a hoot to work with!!
    I have been in the booms only for the last four times, and wow... they are getting better every single time! Janice has doing an awesome job holding this all together for us. I see I still have a few more days to decide....
    Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 AM

YYaaayyyy! Difergie's Boomin' again....and I agree that these Boom Swaps are great therapy! Gives me time to think and process things while I am sewing! ...Oh! I could just go on with reasons why its great to be a Boomer! And we have some "Bloomin' Boomers" with us this go-round.

Speaking of UFO's, AZKat tossed out the Challenge, my king Christmas Sampler Quilt up against her last 4 Boom quilts finished and photo posted by midnight December 24th...will we make it? She's been missing the last few days....working on those quilts Kat? (If she reads this...she will definitely post! (Hehehe).

Blue Lady, great news...sounds like good angels are watching over you. Hope you can come out and play with us through the holidays and share the events of your first day on the new job!

Originally Posted by Difergie
    Okay...I am in-I think these booms help keep me sane....relatively speaking ��
    Old 11-24-2014, 05:56 AM

DiFergie has signed on. She'll take either group at this point. Thank you DiF! Sign-ups are slowing down but we've got just under 2 weeks. I'll keep you apprised of how the groups look.

If there is anyone out there thinking about it, come on, get your name in! It looks like we're going to have a great time if the these lead up posts are any indication!
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
    Janice you are so kind! I love to be your "special pain in the b---"
    I picked and picked and then the light bulb went off. Bill and I are going to be grandparents again the end of May. This one is a little different...Bill's only daughter, my special "step" daughter, I have only 2 son's, is finally able to have the baby she and hubby have desperately wanted. But wait....we are going to have twins!! Needless to say, I thought "Oh yea" I have some help. Yupper's ladies, baby stuff at this house and I am so glad you can help me usher these new little people into this world. Don't know the sexes yet but I'm covering the bases I think. You will get either of these. Just asking that you use solids or tone on tones in the colors that are in the fabrics and no other prints please. [ATTACH=CONFIG]499796[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499797[/ATTACH]
    These are perfect! I have the exact same color of the bears. Just did a quilt for a friend at work that had a baby girl a few months ago. And I have a TON of yellow from my boom 12 AND the Jacobs ladder.

I already have your blocks in my head. Hope they turn out as good when I sew them.
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    These are perfect! I have the exact same color of the bears. Just did a quilt for a friend at work that had a baby girl a few months ago. And I have a TON of yellow from my boom 12 AND the Jacobs ladder.

I already have your blocks in my head. Hope they turn out as good when I sew them.
    HA1 HA! I picked the wrong post. This was suppose to be for jaba's twins. Monday . . . Monday . . .
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    YYaaayyyy! Difergie's Boomin' again....and I agree that these Boom Swaps are great therapy! Gives me time to think and process things while I am sewing! ...Oh! I could just go on with reasons why its great to be a Boomer! And we have some "Bloomin' Boomers" with us this go-round.

Speaking of UFO's, AZKat tossed out the Challenge, my king Christmas Sampler Quilt up against her last 4 Boom quilts finished and photo posted by midnight December 24th...will we make it? She's been missing the last few days....working on those quilts Kat? (If she reads this...she will definitely post! (Hehehe).

Blue Lady, great news...sounds like good angels are watching over you. Hope you can come out and play with us through the holidays and share the events of your first day on the new job!
    I'm here Bee,

Puppy ate my power cord to the computer. Had to wait to come into work to post. THEN the company blocked Craigslist. Can't wait to retire.
    Attached Thumbnails powercord.png  
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:40 AM

Red face

[QUOTE=Bee Beatty;6982085]Speaking of UFO's, AZKat tossed out the Challenge, my king Christmas Sampler Quilt up against her last 4 Boom quilts finished and photo posted by midnight December 24th...will we make it? She's been missing the last few days....working on those quilts Kat? (If she reads this...she will definitely post! (Hehehe).

QUOTE]

OK, I was finishing up my Christmas wife quilt when I decided to add more shashing and make it a regular queen size quilt. Does that count for two wife quilts? I don't want to rip the shashing off to win the contest . . .

Anyone see their block?
    Attached Thumbnails christmaswhiteborder.png  
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:55 AM

I am sitting here ooooing and aahhhhing over your quilt! really pretty...and so much fun to work on. I am ROTFLOL, too.

Reading down through your posts....I thought....she missed the part that said, "Kat's 4 boom quilts to my king Christmas Sampler Quilt....hahahahaha.....you are correct....my king up against your 2 wife's quilts! Correction duly noted!

Bee

[QUOTE=ArizonaKAT;6982318]
    Originally Posted by Bee Beatty

QUOTE]

OK, I was finishing up my Christmas wife quilt when I decided to add more shashing and make it a regular queen size quilt. Does that count for two wife quilts? I don't want to rip the shashing off to win the contest . . .

Anyone see their block?