Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

• Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Quilt number 2, on-deck all from blocks made from Boom 13 and Repeat Boom 2.
    Beautiful second quilt waiting in the wings. Posting photo of design wall this weekend.

Bee
    Old 12-02-2014, 05:21 PM

B.B. beautiful quilt, love your background fabric, those blocks all look like they go together
    Old 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM

Thanks Kass! For these Booms, I chose a coordinating, but different F8 to be sent to participants. I also added the WOW snowflake fabric to be used where white or neutral fabrics were chosen as part of their block design. I had to add three blocks for this quilt to have the required 25 blocks. I separated the received blocks into 2 groups - the first being this one and a second quilt (throw) that I will put up on the design wall this weekend when the "king" is en route to the long arm. Love how the idea turned out!

Bee
    Old 12-02-2014, 05:39 PM

OMGosh, you all put me to shame! So many beautiful quilts, people challenging others to finish more, curtains, and I don't know what else. You've inspired me to pull out my Scrappy Trips blocks from Jane's August swap. I'm arranging them on the basement floor right now. I still have all my depression blocks set in order and ready to stitch together. Then there are my two sets of boom blocks. AND there's the QC split nine patch. I've got 100 6 inch blocks. I thought I'd make 144 squares but 10x10 is as large as I can stand making it. The bloom is definitely off that rose! LOL. Better get back to my rearranging!
    Old 12-02-2014, 10:36 PM

WOW you guys are so ready for this, I'm just running so far behind that if I get any slower it will be yesterday.
    So many pretty pictures of block, fabrics and even finished quilts!!!!

I know I've been busy for the past few months with family stuff but I'm trying to get things together around here.
    I've had to move my youngest son, wife & baby 3 times since Aug and I'm plumb warn out. In between all that my brother from Maine came in with his wife for 3 weeks and after they left we all got sick. So it's been interesting to say the least around here.

I want to welcome Kassaundra, Ruthee_Jax, Moonwork to our group, we have so much fun with making blocks for each other and sharing all the fun stuff we do.

Jaba, congratulations on soon to becoming a grandma of twins!!!! I just became a new grandma again this past March and it's fun to watch them little ones grow.

Sunrise, you can just send all that blue fabric to me. LOL WOW isn't it pretty or what? I'll keep it safe and not let anyone cut it up, LOL it has my name all over it for sure, my all time favorite color. I'll swap you anything else for it!!!!! really LOL

Janice, first off thanks for being our best hostess ever, you are the greatest!!! also I want to say that "slab of fabric" is pretty nice, I've been wanting to do that myself but still haven't gotten up the nerve to try it. I'm sort of a not out the box to far myself.

Also just my two cents on the PP thing. Why won't someone want a perfectly shaped PP block? I understand not wanting a 3D in some cases but a PP isn't much different then any other block so how would they even know it was PP unless you told them?

SO I guess I'm ready to get this thing rolling but I haven't decided on what fabric yet. I have 3 that I'm looking at, just have to make that decision.
    Old 12-03-2014, 05:02 AM

Seasaw's back! I've been missing you while you were busy with real life...

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
    WOW you guys are so ready for this, I'm just running so far behind that if I get any slower it will be yesterday...
    Old 12-03-2014, 05:32 AM

Default Three days left to sign-up!

Another new addition to the 3 month group!

2 month group

1. Billi
    2. TravelingGramma
    3. BeeBeatty
    4. Libster
    5. Terriam
    6. Seasaw2mch
    7. Joanelizbay
    8. ArizonaKAT
    9. Moonrise
    10. Ljdugas
    11. Jaba
    12. Janice McC
    13. DiFergie
    14. Elisabrat

3 month group:

1. Billi
    2. Terriamn
    3. Seasaw2mch
    4. Joanelizbay
    5. Bibliostone
    6. Kassaundra
    7. ArizonaKAT
    8. Moonrise
    9. Ljdugas
    10. Quilt Addict
    11. Craftyone27
    12. Sunrise450
    13. Ruthee-JAX
    14. Jaba
    15. Moonwork42029
    16. Cuppy

So, to update everyone, once sign-ups close on Saturday, I'll finalize groups and send out an email to everyone with my address on Sunday. You can start sending F8s right after that. My plan (and you all know what happens when we mere humans plan) is to have all your f8s in my hands by Saturday, Dec 27th. I will turn them around and mail them to you on Jan 2, or earlier if I can manage it. At this point, you all should at least have an idea of what fabric you will be using and what requests, if any, you want to add with it.

Just an fyi, I've had one person request to double up so if we don't fill all spaces, I'm going to give her an extra spot. Anyone else interested? You must have previous swap experience with me so in other words, no newbies on this one. I do feel a bit of trepidation as it's such a big commitment, at least from where I sit, but I'll give this a try.

OK, back to reality for me...and that's a house filled with strange people and noises. My 4-legged friends are seriously displeased.

We're getting close!
    Old 12-03-2014, 06:40 AM

We can put ALL the F8s in one envelope correct? Don't have to send a separate envelope for each group?
    Old 12-03-2014, 06:53 AM

Wow you are all a bunch of busy,buzzy bees I love it Terriamn I love your moms blue quilt, kassaundra your drapery is beautiful I love that there is no box around you and your creativity you go girl. Bee I'm loving the Christmas quilt I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Some new to me swappers hello hello, Bluelady my fingers are still crossed for you this is getting crazy they just need to get over themselves and hire you. Kat how pretty one done is better than none done :-)

Janice, I am probably wrong but I assumed that the double up would work differently. Let's say we are at 15 people there would then be 5 spots left to "double up" if 5 of us said yes please then only those five would get 2 f-8s each keeping us still making no more than 19 blocks per group. And those who don't want to double up are still making the 14 of the original group.

We are currently at one person interested "me" if no one else is then the idea is scrapped and we all just make 1 block for each person signed up. Am I correct or crazy? Haha

However it works out I am good with it :-)
    Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM

That's the way I send them in Joan, just put each group in a gallon ziplock bag and label which one is for each group.