Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

• Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Not quilt related but, a few weeks ago we had a big killing freeze coming, so I went out and picked all the mint that was easy to pic (long stemy stuff) I got 2 wally world sacs full. I pureed them w/ water in the blender and set the juice in the fridge for a few weeks to meld, steep, infuse whatever you want to call it. Today I have 2.5 gallons of prewine (mint) and a cookie sheet full of mint "cookies" for the rabbits.
    Old 12-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Terriamn,

Yes. I had 2 1/2 yards of the WOW/Snowflake....so I had to hunt down additional yardage....which I found in various places. Some cuts were 1-2 yards remaining on bolt. So I cut what I had as close to an F8 as possible and sent to everyone with my Boom fabric. I now am the proud owner of nearly 12 yards of "Kate Spain for Moda, Joy Collection"! I originally was going to use it on the back, but I have opted for warm-white, 200 thread count muslin.

You have a beautiful idea there with the fabrics you have chosen. Sending everyone 2 fabrics to make one block is not a problem for mailing (they still fit nicely in the padded envelope). I wrapped them together! I was concerned that it would limit creativity, however just the opposite. The blocks are really nice together!. And I did not want them to return the WOW, even if they did not choose to use it. Everybody needs a little piece of White on Ivory Snowflake fabric.

This will be a special quilt for me...so I didn't mind the fabric. And I cannot say enough about how wonderful it turned out!

Now if I can get it done before Christmas Eve!
    Bee

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Beautiful Christmas Quilt, was thinking of that this time but just received some beautiful coordinating fabrics I think I will use for the three month group. Beebetty when you sent the snowflake fabric did you send a fill fat 1/8 th. Think the would work perfect for these fabrics and they are pastels, something totally out of the box for me. Will send picture as soon as I take it
    Old 12-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Not quilt related but, a few weeks ago we had a big killing freeze coming, so I went out and picked all the mint that was easy to pic (long stemy stuff) I got 2 wally world sacs full. I pureed them w/ water in the blender and set the juice in the fridge for a few weeks to meld, steep, infuse whatever you want to call it. Today I have 2.5 gallons of prewine (mint) and a cookie sheet full of mint "cookies" for the rabbits.
    That would be perfect for mint julep! I love mint juleps.
    Old 12-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Terriamn,

Yes. I had 2 1/2 yards of the WOW/Snowflake....so I had to hunt down additional yardage....which I found in various places. Some cuts were 1-2 yards remaining on bolt. So I cut what I had as close to an F8 as possible and sent to everyone with my Boom fabric. I now am the proud owner of nearly 12 yards of "Kate Spain for Moda, Joy Collection"! I originally was going to use it on the back, but I have opted for warm-white, 200 thread count muslin.

You have a beautiful idea there with the fabrics you have chosen. Sending everyone 2 fabrics to make one block is not a problem for mailing (they still fit nicely in the padded envelope). I wrapped them together! I was concerned that it would limit creativity, however just the opposite. The blocks are really nice together!. And I did not want them to return the WOW, even if they did not choose to use it. Everybody needs a little piece of White on Ivory Snowflake fabric.

This will be a special quilt for me...so I didn't mind the fabric. And I cannot say enough about how wonderful it turned out!

Now if I can get it done before Christmas Eve!
    Bee
    I got my eye on your progress, Bee. Will be sandwiching my quilt this weekend.
    Old 12-03-2014, 04:56 PM

Oh Yeah...KAT.....Keeping my eyes and ears open too....and sewing like a buzz saw!
    Old 12-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Kassundra your mint sounds great. My SIL serves fresh mint from her garden in lemon aid. Delicious! I grew it for awhile but it started spreading so much it took me years to pull it all out.
    Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 PM

Yes, when planting mint you need to be very strategic!!!! LOL Mine is planted where if it gets out it gets mowed on 3 sides and against a building on the 4th side.
    Old 12-04-2014, 04:56 AM

Default Sign ups close on saturday!

Almost ready to begin!
    Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 AM

Woke up this morning to rain. I mean monsoon type rain! It NEVER rains in Arizona in December! BEWARE, it doesn't matter where you are east of me . . . it's on its way to you and I'm betting it won't be rain. Time to go to the grocery store and get milk and bread.
    Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 AM

They called for freezing rain this morning but thankfully it was above 32 so it was just a mist...BUT they are calling for 70% chance of some kind of moisture Friday ....Im ready for a Friday afternoon snow and hot chocolate!!