Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 03-09-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Katsdar are both fabrics going in the same quilt (project)? (trying to figure out if the flower print block design needs to relate to the square print fabric)

I was going to just see what I get back and if it goes I will use in the same project, otherwise I will make a quilt to match my blocks!!!
    Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 AM

@Anna Quilts thank you for posting my pic for me.
    Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by katsdar
    @Anna Quilts thank you for posting my pic for me.
    You are welcome katsdar. Once you get the shrinking of the picture down, like Janice explained, you will probably be able to post pictures. There is a definite learning curve.

Janice Quote-On the subject of photos, everyone should be shrinking their photos to under 200kb whenever possible. If you can get them smaller, so much the better. In a couple of weeks, we're going to get picture heavy and huge files do bog down the thread. SHRINK, SHRINK, SHRINK those photos. No 3 MB files. Also, while we are on the subject, always remember to remove all personal properties from your photos before posting. It's an extra step but helps ensure your privacy.
    Old 03-09-2016, 02:32 PM

Seven more pkgs are in but haven't been opened yet. They are from Terriamn, AnnaQuilts, Katsdar, Moonrise, MonaG, Nelco and GramE. Will try to go through them tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Getting there quickly. Thank you.
    Old 03-09-2016, 02:36 PM

That's right. I don't do it immediately as it does take a little time and there are multiple steps. Always give me a few days to post your pix to the gallery. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    They will post to this thread, Janice has to move them to the weebly site.
    Old 03-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Kass, your pkg arrived in good shape. thanks!

Only a a few more to go!
    Old 03-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    That's right. I don't do it immediately as it does take a little time and there are multiple steps. Always give me a few days to post your pix to the gallery. Thank you!
    thank you for doing this. I'm hoping to have fun, if I can get over the "nerves".
    Old 03-10-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by GramE
    thank you for doing this. I'm hoping to have fun, if I can get over the "nerves".
    You will be fine remember it's not a compition. We all just do the best we can with the skills we have and everybody is happy. Kass is just the most out of the box swapped we have. I thought I was out of the box Kass is usually not in the same room as the box Hahaha. And we all like that it helps to create a unique and interesting sampler quilt.
    Old 03-10-2016, 02:28 PM

I just realized I didn't post the pics I took at Hancocks of Paducah store. Duh. Here they are. This is just ONE of the rooms. With all the hanging quilts, it's hard to tell how HUGE the main area is. They also have a separate room where they have precuts and kits, and also a gigantic remnant table that you can kind of see in the second picture. I only glanced at the remnant table. If I'd started sorting through it, I would've literally been there ALL DAY, and probably all night, too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544473[/ATTACH]

They also had handmade quilts for sale at the Homeplace at Land Between The Lakes. They're all made by the same person, so I'm assuming it's someone local to the area. I took tons of pictures of them, but I don't want to bog the thread down, so here is my favorite. It's a KING sized double wedding ring quilt, and the rings are only about 6" or 6-1/2" ... very, very intricate. Can you believe she's only asking $600 for it?!?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544474[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails hancocks1.jpg   hancocks2.jpg   hancocks3.jpg   quilt-dwr2.jpg   quilt-dwr1.jpg  

Old 03-10-2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by GramE
    No need for nerves here, as long as the block is well sewn and 12.5 inches square we all love the blocks at any skill level. Billi is right I couldn't find the box if I had to I don't believe. I just really love this part of quilt making the most, looking at pictures online and trying to figure out a way to do it. Some of my blocks will be more simple, some more complicated. I have so screwed up on some but then comes the nerve wrecking "fun" of fixing it w/ what you have. Sometimes I feel like that movie where they dump all the parts on the "space station" in a room of scientists and say "fix ------ problem using only this" lol lol lol