Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 04-27-2016, 04:04 PM

That is a lot off pieces. Very nice block

Kassandra doesn't that burn your britches. You pick the block, you plan it out in your head and it all goes south from there.
    Old 04-28-2016, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by GramE
    Cause the 39 piece block was only 10 inches. I forgot to look at size as I was going through Quilter's Cache. And I did'nt want to just add an off white border so I just figured I'd keep on doing what I had been doing. You get 61 pieces when you make 4 blocks you don't like first! I'm just happy the last one I put together had reasonably the same sized pieces width wise as this one. I have no chocolate or orange left at all. It was an adventure. And when Beethoven got done before I did, I knew I kinda in hot water! But I saw the bad ones so this one looks pretty good. & DH agreed.

I've a nap, now I need to go make 8 dozen cookies for youth group tonight!

Lord, Woman! Don't you ever slow down?
    Old 04-28-2016, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Libster
    Lord, Woman! Don't you ever slow down?
    Yes. I just have bursts. And I had a nap.

Now it will be a sad day today. Finishing up Mona's block, having them all on my wall & then putting them all in their little bags. Might not do that today, it is comforting to go in there and sit even more so with a beautiful wall. This has been the most fun I've had in a long time. And I was worried that I would forget the deadline!?!?!

But I have a grandson graduating and heading off to the Coast Guard, so I'm planning a Warm Wishes quilt that needs to get going. Oh, and next week is our 47th anniversary. So I do have some distractions coming up, so I'm glad I will have these all wrapped up. And there is much outside to do in the yard. I raked the leaves from around the patio wall & suddenly we have 12" air ferns growing. The person who lived in this house before us did a marvelous job of landscaping but boy is it a lot to keep up with. Oh, and my Etsy store partner says I'm slacking. She's just 10+ years younger & a lot healthier than me!

Plus I need to be patient & wait on all my blocks to come home! Trying to figure out how it will come together. I might work on a few squares of my own. My dear LA friend got some beautiful tone on tone white paisley in just yesterday that would look great on the back! I definitely will be taking this to her to do her magic on. I hope to get a small quilt rack to hang it on so everyone can see it!

Just in case you missed it, thank you, thank you all for making me a block. I hope it has been even half as much fun for you as it has for me. And I hope the blocks I made work in the quilts you are planning (I was watching a PBS special on Nat'l Parks last night while working on Mona G's block & on the screen came a sunset that could have been a block for QuiltAddict!) and I am still recruiting for the next Boom.

And you you all are on my prayer list now, and wrapped up in my heart strings.

Well, wasn't planning on writing my opus here but that's what it has turned out to be. But I won't be far away. I need to keep up on how that naked chicken is doing. Now it is time for a cup of Earl Grey and get my morning started.

Have a blessed day quilting friends. Thank you for welcoming me into your quilting lives & beyond. <3<3

Last edited by GramE; 04-28-2016 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Proper Spelling is not optional.
    Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 AM

I actually hatched out two more baby nakeds last week.
    Old 04-28-2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I actually hatched out two more baby nakeds last week.
    You are gonna have to start your own line of naked chicken "cover ups!" I wonder if chicken apparel would be one size fits all?

Last edited by GramE; 04-28-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    Old 04-28-2016, 07:56 AM

Finished another one, this one is for NanaKathy. Magic 8 was a life saver on this one for sure!!!! lol
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0212.jpg  
    Old 04-28-2016, 08:01 AM

Love this one. Nice job!
    Finished another one, this one is for NanaKathy. Magic 8 was a life saver on this one for sure!!!! lol
    Old 04-28-2016, 08:07 AM

Actually gives the feeling of motion. A spinning wheel. Great Block.
    Old 04-28-2016, 09:06 AM

Step away for a few days and so much activity. Terriamn, I hope there are better days ahead and so glad you don't have to walk the path alone. Keep us updated. I am learning from you and all around me. I plan on talking with my mother tomorrow about her requests. had not thought of the antibiotics. Last year we had reviewed her funeral wishes, and the year before got her finances straightened out. By the Fall, I think she will spend more time with us in AZ in the double wide we had purchased 10 years ago, and I will spend rest of time with her in NY. We will have to be off road.
    GramE - adorable - both you and GD and blocks. You have become one of us - and I sure hope to see you continuing.
    Old 04-28-2016, 10:18 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548853[/ATTACH]
    My last block. And the second one that has more than one life! I will return the fabric you sent to me MonaG. At least I didn't cut yours into 1 1/2" squares!
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg