• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 05-01-2016, 05:29 PM

I am 1/2 done. Will get photos posted soon. Can not down load from phone
    Old 05-01-2016, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    Finished the 10" square block for my son and daughter in laws 5th anniversary.. Glad I was sent this wonderful pattern!! Also got a Lion, An Elephant and a raccoon cut out for my patch pal collection. Finished the flamingo Saturday. Think Ill hold off on sending it to quilters till I have 3-4 at a time to send...she might get tired of seeing animals!! LOL
    Looks wonderful! Especially finished! I love finished!
    Old 05-02-2016, 04:14 AM

Joan, yeah on your finished quilt. Perfect pattern for your fabulous fabrics
    Old 05-02-2016, 04:35 AM

Finished the 10" square block for my son and daughter in laws 5th anniversary.. Glad I was sent this wonderful pattern!! Also got a Lion, An Elephant and a raccoon cut out for my patch pal collection. Finished the flamingo Saturday. Think Ill hold off on sending it to quilters till I have 3-4 at a time to send...she might get tired of seeing animals!! LOL

It's beautiful Joan how could they not love it. It's pretty amazing.
    Old 05-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Beautiful quilt Joan. I own a few of those fabrics as well. They better love it, looks like lots of work.

Thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks your are making me. I will be starting on these blocks most likely this weekend. Finishing up my OA first.
    Old 05-02-2016, 11:17 AM

For those of you who pp, what do you use for the papers? I see special pp papers are sold online but somehow I'm sure not everyone buys them. There are just too many beautiful pp blocks out there so I've got to learn how to do this. Any suggestions/help welcome. Thank you!
    Old 05-02-2016, 12:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    For those of you who pp, what do you use for the papers? I see special pp papers are sold online but somehow I'm sure not everyone buys them. There are just too many beautiful pp blocks out there so I've got to learn how to do this. Any suggestions/help welcome. Thank you!
    Just regular light weight xerox paper and or grid paper from a note book. I do like the special paper but it would get pricey to use it all the time.
    Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

Love it! Actually everything about it is great, the fabric, the colors, the pattern and the workmanship. A winner!
    Old 05-02-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC

Generally I will use just 20# copy paper because it is handy. I have used vellum but it is a little more expensive but ever so much easier as it is basically see through. Some will suggest getting a "kids" pad from the dollar store and cut it to size for your printer. I have tried this a time or two but figured copy paper was just as cheap and definitely easier. I have a roll of chiropractor paper in a "safe" place. If I ever figure out where I put it, I will try it because it is soooo tissue paper like.

If you don't have an "Add a Quarter" ruler, I would highly recommend getting the 12" one. It can save so much frustration!

Reducing your stitch length is a must ... keeps stitches from coming out when you remove paper.

Carol Doak videos and her website has practice pieces...I learned strictly from her information....clear and easy to understand.
    Old 05-02-2016, 03:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments on the quilt. I DO love it..put it on my bed and not sure I want to remove it! LOL
    GOOD LUCK with the pp Janice. Ive tried and tried and just cant get the hang of it. I feel it wastes fabric more so than just regular piecing but Im sure I just dont know how to do it right! Show us your end results if you get the hang of it!