Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 07-01-2016, 06:04 PM

I ditched the red and purple idea, already have enough as I have been working on them. Will have to decide on a couple of fabrics that I have and need to see the dates. Going to Florida for the birth of a new granddaughter, home 3 weeks and going again for stepson's retirement from the Navy. August is shot for sure at least the 1st 2 weeks and then September for 10 days.
    Old 07-01-2016, 07:12 PM

Gram..its [email protected]. You all have thrown out a lot of ideas...I might send a "ocean blue" and tell you just to add any kind of fish or ocean animal you want... I think he would get a kick out of that. He loves octopus after we went to see Finding Dory!! And sharks and whales....wow..there is a lot out there!! I better be looking at my stash of blue or might have to go to Joanns!
    Old 07-02-2016, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    Gram..its [email protected]. You all have thrown out a lot of ideas...I might send a "ocean blue" and tell you just to add any kind of fish or ocean animal you want... I think he would get a kick out of that. He loves octopus after we went to see Finding Dory!! And sharks and whales....wow..there is a lot out there!! I better be looking at my stash of blue or might have to go to Joanns!
    I saved a picture of a block that fascinated me last boom, but didn't make it b/c it didn't fit w/ anyones idea or fabric, but it would be perfect for this. I am going to have to get more serious about figuring out the construction!
    Old 07-02-2016, 07:46 AM

Well I drew up the pattern for the ocean block. I will definitely need to make a practice block to make sure my numbers are correct so the places that are suppose to match do, and I will definitely need my thinking cap when cutting, and assembling. The construction is not straight forward and has a few tricky places that I can already see in the drafting. And it looks like there will be enough background fabric (barely)
    Old 07-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, still a bit chilly, but much warmer then yesterday. Usually this is when we all drag out out floaties, anchor them to each other in the lake and have an adult beverage or two and float the day away. Instead we are going out on the pontoons with light weight sweaters. If it stays like this we won't have to worry about the mosquitos for fireworks tonight.
    TG I love fall fabric and have tons of fabric to go with your fabric. I also have a lot of ocean fish fabric but all out of lake fish fabric and have been looking for more. Just bought some fun guitar fabric. I am off to check out the site Joan sent
    Old 07-03-2016, 10:08 AM

I was trying to leave feed back and made a big mistake, so sorry libster, I hope admin is able to fix it. Guess I'm to tired to be doing that kind of shuffling between screens.
    Old 07-03-2016, 01:30 PM

Gram sent me several pictures of fish fabric and I LOVE them. Now my problem is do i send WOW and you can add anything you want so it looks like fish or ocean? Or do I send a blue and you can work with that? There are SO many different blues in the pictures gram sent so I know one shade wont work for everyone...Im thinking white WOW and tell you to go for it! Any preferences??
    Old 07-03-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    Gram sent me several pictures of fish fabric and I LOVE them. Now my problem is do i send WOW and you can add anything you want so it looks like fish or ocean? Or do I send a blue and you can work with that? There are SO many different blues in the pictures gram sent so I know one shade wont work for everyone...Im thinking white WOW and tell you to go for it! Any preferences??
    I think wow fabric will be very difficult to make look "oceany", but it could draw attention to whatever is added. There are only a few in the group each time that do applique. I think it depends on where you are going, if you want something more "realistic" the blue would work better, but if you are thinking more modern artistic type quilt the wow could work better.
    Old 07-03-2016, 03:35 PM

I thought about some "wavy" blue fabric if I could find it but again it wont match up with all the various colors of blue in the fabrics im sure...I would love applique or anything that shows fish, whales, dolphins, anything to do with underwater animals...decisions decisions! LOL
    Old 07-03-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I saved a picture of a block that fascinated me last boom, but didn't make it b/c it didn't fit w/ anyones idea or fabric, but it would be perfect for this. I am going to have to get more serious about figuring out the construction!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]553369[/ATTACH]

I don't want to interfere with your thought process but here is a pic that might give you a helpful perspective.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 07-03-2016 at 04:18 PM.