Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 03-15-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by katsdar
    Thanks for posting for me, this is the panels that I am going to use to make a quilt for my daughter-in-law, suggestions? Thanks Kass, I wasn't sure if I was going to use the black n white stuff, but I would like ideas, and I do plan on making some sort of small fill in blocks, and I had one suggestion of a shadow box with the panels.
    Oh I would so go all in for art deco, google the images for inspiration if this link works it will be similar to what I was thinking (only simplified) look at the cornerstones and the striped borders. I was thinking the hexi fabric fussy cut and playing w/ the stripe placement so it looks like a continuation of the hexies. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...2o0&ajaxhist=0
    Old 03-15-2016, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Libster
    GramE, I agree, there's nothing like those grands and great-grands! My great grands are going on two and their Moms have a handful to keep up with. LOL My DH and I were married 47 years before he died. I just wish he could have met these 2 precious little ones. If you think I spoil them, he would have been a million times worse. LOL Axel will be 2 in May. He's having a Sesame Street party. All the kids are to dress up as their favorite character. This should be a fun party. His Mom told me it's not mandatory that I dress as Big Bird. Imagine that! LOL
    Janice, I have my tracking number now.
    QuilterMomma, y'all are making me like orange too. I've always really disliked it until here lately. Love your quilt.
    I have no doubt about the DH spoiling the great grands. We have/had every video game set known to man, 4 game playing stations set up, and great wifi! 10 out of 12 of my grands are boys, so my DH played the games while I kept the food coming.

I'd like a self of Big Bird, if ya think of it!

A friend end brought me some tops before she flew off to Florida for the winter. 2 were orange. I kinda cringed. Ha I've worn them both, more than once! Kinda grows on ya.
    Old 03-15-2016, 07:52 PM
    Power Poster

Two of my daughters are having babies this summer. They had 6 babies between the two of them within the last 3 1/2 years and now two more. Explanation, one had triplets. It is lots of fun when they are all here. DH and I have a larger family so there are plenty of aunts and uncles to help watch.
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Two of my daughters are having babies this summer. They had 6 babies between the two of them within the last 3 1/2 years and now two more. Explanation, one had triplets. It is lots of fun when they are all here. DH and I have a larger family so there are plenty of aunts and uncles to help watch.
    i miss all the snuggling & rocking, the quiet times. But I so enjoy sitting back & listing to the cacophony of voices as many games are play, stories are told & cake is eaten!

Enjoy, because I know you know it passes by fast & they are all grown up!
    Old 03-16-2016, 01:22 AM

"Enjoy, because I know you know it passes by fast & they are all grown up! "

I know this from the grandchildren. I do love those little arms around my neck. But, I've discovered there's a reason God gives babies to young people. I'd give anything for just a little of that energy on some days! It's a very special tired, so you don't mind though. At the end of the day, you just look at God's perfection and say, "Thank you."
    Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 AM

AMEN to all those remarks about grandkids! I am lucky enough to have almost 2 sets of family... My kids are 16 years apart so I not only have 3 grandkids in their late 20's, 30...I also have 3 11 year old grandkids and a 3 year old.. My granddaughter and son are only 3 years apart...I also have 4 great grandkids, 3 of who are older than my last grandson...I totally agree about the energy but when that little one comes running across the yard with his arms up and jumps on me it makes me laugh and feel so loved...Ive decided besides quilting that grandkids are the best gift God could have given me!! Wish I lived closer to the great grandkids though!!
    Old 03-16-2016, 06:30 AM

" I've decided besides quilting that grandkids are the best gift God could have given me!! Wish I lived closer to the great grandkids though!!"

Oh, yes! Best gifts in the world. Nothing on earth that I love more than my babies, and I make sure they have their quilts for snuggling. Life doesn't get much better than that now, does it?
    Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 AM

One on one time like that is so special! You're giving that child more than sewing skills as you know.
    Originally Posted by GramE
    ...And there are precious ones out there who need a mentor/grandma. I have a young 15 yr old in a difficult family situation that I am teaching to hand sew. Amazing how quickly we bonded.
    Old 03-16-2016, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    AMEN to all those remarks about grandkids! I am lucky enough to have almost 2 sets of family... My kids are 16 years apart so I not only have 3 grandkids in their late 20's, 30...I also have 3 11 year old grandkids and a 3 year old.. My granddaughter and son are only 3 years apart...I also have 4 great grandkids, 3 of who are older than my last grandson...I totally agree about the energy but when that little one comes running across the yard with his arms up and jumps on me it makes me laugh and feel so loved...Ive decided besides quilting that grandkids are the best gift God could have given me!! Wish I lived closer to the great grandkids though!!
    There is nothing like hearing them call your name out when they see you, then they come running at you with a big hug. It is pure love straight from the heart of God!

You are blessed, Joanelizbay. What a wonderful "mixture" you have.

and you are right Libster, I'm so glad we had those 9 new babies when I was younger. It is refreshing to be able to say, "ok, time to go home!" I could ever have had cared for them now. God knew what he was doing.

Kassaundra, what does an Art Deco square look like? Does that just refer to the fabric used or the style?
    Old 03-16-2016, 09:46 AM

Guess what I got in the mail today!!!!! Now to think of how to incorporate your color and mine in a creative, most likely simple block!!