Originally Posted by jclinganrey
    Here's for Quilter Momma - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546140[/ATTACH]
    You have given me an idea!!! nice block
    Old 03-27-2016, 04:26 PM

All the new blocks are just amazing
    Old 03-27-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Moonwork and GramE, beautiful blocks! That 8 point star center is AMAZING!
    i'm learning hand sewing. A bit more than a year. I get grounded a lot to " elevate feet ", so when I found this program where I could print the lines, cutting & sewing lines on the back of the fabric, no measuring, it was amazing. I can print, then cut & sew with my feet up! I've sewn 2 quilts, a couple of table runners, and dozens of small mug rugs. Inklingo. Not an advertisement, it's not for everyone, but it has changed my life. I posted a new table runner yesterday, under Spring Table Runner. I have a tiny sewing bag & a teeny iron next to my bed. So now when I have to stay in bed for a day or two or more, reading or TV are not my only options for entertainment. I can be productive and have squares ready to machine together when I'm allowed back at the machine. I send my husband to JoAnn's to pick up coordinating fabrics. (I have a pretty good stash built up, as I waspreparing for retirement! Not confinement) He goes willingly & with a handful of coupons if necessary. He knows thread, what I like, what I don't, watch the weight, go lighter not darker, and he's not afraid to talk to the ladies there. He's happy to keep me busy.

And now, truth be told, the last week has changed my life. 12" blocks, never ever would have considered it. But I did travelinggramma's & now Nelco's in bed, my horizons are broadened beyond belief. I cannot begin to tell you all what a blessing you've all been to me, even after my rocky start. Now I honestly love the block I made Terriamn, then Jclingarey, then Annaquilts, and I've made 3 mock ups (at least) of Libster's block. I have Pebbles & BamBam in the building stage. If you can't tell I've developed old age ADD, and all these goals are a wonderful thing. Shopping is not an option for me, but shopping websites for blocks that speak to me has been like going to DisneyLand.

But then I started seeing others make blocks for me, (sorry, my screen keeps getting blurry at this point), and for an old woman who is confined to home, this group has given me a social connection I needed. Company that comes right into my home! Group Therapy couldn't have been a better name! I'm so happy to be here! And Kassaundra, if you talk to that kind lady in charge, I know someone else who wants to sign up for 2017!

Thank you all for your kindness to me. You will never know what it has meant to me. Gotta go, block possibilities to look for!
    Old 03-27-2016, 05:48 PM

Stunning blocks, ya'll! Very impressive and inspirational! Thank you for posting the great pics!
    Old 03-27-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by GramE
    i'm learning hand sewing. A bit more than a year. I get grounded a lot to " elevate feet ", so when I found this program where I could print the lines, cutting & sewing lines on the back of the fabric, no measuring, it was amazing. I can print, then cut & sew with my feet up! I've sewn 2 quilts, a couple of table runners, and dozens of small mug rugs. Inklingo. Not an advertisement, it's not for everyone, but it has changed my life. I posted a new table runner yesterday, under Spring Table Runner. I have a tiny sewing bag & a teeny iron next to my bed. So now when I have to stay in bed for a day or two or more, reading or TV are not my only options for entertainment. I can be productive and have squares ready to machine together when I'm allowed back at the machine. I send my husband to JoAnn's to pick up coordinating fabrics. (I have a pretty good stash built up, as I waspreparing for retirement! Not confinement) He goes willingly & with a handful of coupons if necessary. He knows thread, what I like, what I don't, watch the weight, go lighter not darker, and he's not afraid to talk to the ladies there. He's happy to keep me busy.

And now, truth be told, the last week has changed my life. 12" blocks, never ever would have considered it. But I did travelinggramma's & now Nelco's in bed, my horizons are broadened beyond belief. I cannot begin to tell you all what a blessing you've all been to me, even after my rocky start. Now I honestly love the block I made Terriamn, then Jclingarey, then Annaquilts, and I've made 3 mock ups (at least) of Libster's block. I have Pebbles & BamBam in the building stage. If you can't tell I've developed old age ADD, and all these goals are a wonderful thing. Shopping is not an option for me, but shopping websites for blocks that speak to me has been like going to DisneyLand.

But then I started seeing others make blocks for me, (sorry, my screen keeps getting blurry at this point), and for an old woman who is confined to home, this group has given me a social connection I needed. Company that comes right into my home! Group Therapy couldn't have been a better name! I'm so happy to be here! And Kassaundra, if you talk to that kind lady in charge, I know someone else who wants to sign up for 2017!

Thank you all for your kindness to me. You will never know what it has meant to me. Gotta go, block possibilities to look for!
    GrammE that is beautiful we are lucky to have you with us.

Your blocks are beautiful and the one for nelco is amazing. I'm going to look into your Inklingo Mr Bill and I have just started to do more traveling and currently a small machine is not an option and hexie's have never really appealed to me but the blocks you are creating do.
    Old 03-27-2016, 07:16 PM

GramE, we are the lucky ones to have you and I think your husband is just so wonderful to go and do your shopping for you. Now where do I go to see your table runner?
    Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 PM

oh I found it, just lovely
    Old 03-27-2016, 07:32 PM

GramE, darn your hide...you almost got a tear out of me ... lucky for me only the cats saw me swiping my cheek...I have a tough image to uphold and you tried to crack it... but I'm on to you now . Your blocks are terrific and I am even more amazed knowing the challenges you had making them. While most of us will not meet in the physical sense, I feel a closeness to this group than I do with some folks I see everyday.

Snift... okay, enough of that gushiness ...

Travelinggramma -- here's your block...just had to see how it was going to go...hope it's boy friendly for you.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]546232[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails travelinggranma.jpg  
    Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Gram E you did get tears from me. I am so happy you have found something you can do while being confined. I am so sad about my Mom and her choice not to leave her apartment wish she would find something she lived to do
    Old 03-28-2016, 12:39 AM

GramE, I think you are an amazing lady. It's wonderful that you've found a way to do what you obviously love. The blocks you've done for us are beautiful. And, bless your DH for shopping for you. Now, that is a real man! We are the lucky ones for having you join us. I'm so looking forward to more of your creations.