Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
    Libster don't worry about it. It will be used in the quilt as will the other WOW's. For the blocks that haven't been made yet I would just rather have solid white if possible. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by my statement and if I did I am truly sorry. I love the blocks that have been made and they look fantastic!
    Jane I have a 4x4" piece, 1/2 of a 5" triangle and about a 2x4" strip if that will help you. I'd be glad to put them in the mail just let me know.
    Sorry I'm in that group too,
    Old 04-06-2016, 10:32 AM

I have 2 4" squares left and a rectangle approx 6" by 7.5". If interested just let me know and I will drop it in mail
    Old 04-06-2016, 10:45 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster
    Oh, Lord, I'm one who messed up on Jaba's block. The note I received says use "ONLY WHITE" with the fabric received. It doesn't specify solid or wow. I interpreted it wrong and used wow. Jaba, I am so sorry. if you have any of your fabric left, I will gladly make you another block.
    I did the same. I was actually using solid white with some but then thought people wanted WOW so I switched and hers is one that is WOW I think. I can pick it apart and fix it. I am so sorry. I am also one that has a block that is the same in pattern. By the way the block was made by the time the other was posted as it appears some of us were working on the same pattern. OK I saw Jaba's post to others to just leave it. If I get to it I will pick it apart and maybe I can recreate it or better a different pattern. If anyone has any ideas on how to redo the Ohio star into another pattern please let me know. There is not much fabric left to speak of. I have some other blocks I am redoing and there is still time. I really want you to have the block you wanted Jaba.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-06-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    Old 04-06-2016, 10:46 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jclinganrey
    All the blocks are wonderful! What a talented group.

Here's my block for Grama Di:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547181[/ATTACH]

It's a block from Carol Hopkins; one of her Civil War blocks. Don't know the name. If someone knows the name of this block, please let us know.

I'm in a predicament. I started Libster's block. I calculated carefully, measured and re-measured and darned if I don't have quite enough fabric to finish her awesome block. ((way too labor intensive to do a mock up)). For those who have finished Libster's block, is there any chance you could mail me your (her) leftover fabric???

I'll gladly compensate you. HELP!!!
    What a pretty block jane! I also like the fabrics you chose.
    Old 04-06-2016, 10:49 AM

Did finish one block before spending time with the grands

Star of Hope for Mona.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547192[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Wow so many pretty blocks you ladies all brought your A game.

I did a side swap with Moonwork I was waiting patient [SUP] hahahaha not even remotely possible[/SUP] for her zebra print so I could make the boot scoot boogie for her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547194[/ATTACH]

I think its flipping adorable. and I would totally wear these boots and carry the purse Libster made.
    Attached Thumbnails moonwork-boot-scoot-boogie-.jpg  
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Ladies, it will work out fine. I'm going to use the WOW ones for each corner of the quilt and then will use the solid white for the rest of the layout. Just thinking this morning that I may make one 24x24" in the center and use WOW, work around that with the solid then WOW for the corners. It will be perfect. Again I apologize, had a vision stuck in my head until I thought it through a little more today
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:15 AM

Awesome blocks ladies, and Billi, just wow!!!! Love the boot!!!
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Let's all take this color request mix-up as a reminder to pay closer attention to the written requests. And let me assure you, I include myself in that group. And again I must stress this, use the written requests, NOT the pix of blocks you find here and in the gallery, as the guideline of what you can use. If the first person posting a block inadvertently uses the wrong fabric, it WILL continue throughout the entire swap if we rely solely on the photos. If in doubt, pm the person for clarity.

As for duplicate blocks, it happens. Some people hold their block pix and post in groups. In the meantime, someone else will make the same block that the one who holds pix has made and post it before the other. And don't forget, especially with the stars which are always popular patterns, more than one person might be making the same block simultaneously. There absolutely will be duplications occasionally. There's just no way around that and that's ok. It is NOT part of the rules to remake a block if you find someone else has made it too. I encourage everyone to check what's been already been posted but that's as far as anyone should go with that.

And if you are a person who has made a block with the wrong colors, and I mean way wrong, PLEASE contact the person to discuss it. Believe me, blocks CAN be taken apart and correct colors substituted. Don't ask me how I know...

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    I did the same. I was actually using solid white with some but then thought people wanted WOW so I switched and hers is one that is WOW I think. I can pick it apart and fix it. I am so sorry. I am also one that has a block that is the same in pattern. By the way the block was made by the time the other was posted as it appears some of us were working on the same pattern. OK I saw Jaba's post to others to just leave it. If I get to it I will pick it apart and maybe I can recreate it or better a different pattern. If anyone has any ideas on how to redo the Ohio star into another pattern please let me know. There is not much fabric left to speak of. I have some other blocks I am redoing and there is still time. I really want you to have the block you wanted Jaba.

Last edited by Janice McC; 04-06-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
    Libster don't worry about it. It will be used in the quilt as will the other WOW's. For the blocks that haven't been made yet I would just rather have solid white if possible. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by my statement and if I did I am truly sorry. I love the blocks that have been made and they look fantastic!
    Jane I have a 4x4" piece, 1/2 of a 5" triangle and about a 2x4" strip if that will help you. I'd be glad to put them in the mail just let me know.

There are no hurt feelings on my part. I just hate that I interpreted what you wanted wrong. Again, I apologize.