Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >
  • Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

• Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 04-11-2016, 01:24 PM

I've been playing with my camera some today. In bright sunshine, it makes my colors look off, sometimes a lot. Since it's cloudy today, thought I'd see if it made a difference. Nelco, I hope you don't mind that I used your block, but I want to see if it looks like the gray that it is today. Crossing my fingers.
    Sorry I didn't re-iron it before shooting it again. I do think it looks more true to color this time. Guess I need to wait until it's cloudy to take pics from now on.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_0092-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Libster; 04-11-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=GramE;7520531][ATTACH=CONFIG]547579[/ATTACH]

I love my block!!!, sorry didn't post sooner, busy day, my flowers finally came in, ordered them in Dec!!!! and had to call where are my plants anyway have most of them in the ground, then it started to rain
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:18 PM

If only it were so easy roflol!
    Originally Posted by GramE
    i tried to use it with Libster's fleur de Lis fabric but just didn't work. It didn't grow any either but I think I found a good block to match it with.
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:19 PM

It's even prettier in this light. I love Nelco's fabric and you all have made it look even better.
    Originally Posted by Libster
    I've been playing with my camera some today. In bright sunshine, it makes my colors look off, sometimes a lot. Since it's cloudy today, thought I'd see if it made a difference. Nelco, I hope you don't mind that I used your block, but I want to see if it looks like the gray that it is today. Crossing my fingers.
    Sorry I didn't re-iron it before shooting it again. I do think it looks more true to color this time. Guess I need to wait until it's cloudy to take pics from now on.
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:21 PM

You even matched all the colors!!
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:34 PM
    Power Poster

http://www.sewmamasew.com/2012/02/mo...ary-sew-along/

I saw it a while back & liked it. Some of them are wild, but for some reason I liked this one, was just waiting for a place to use it. I even gave it an icon so I wouldn't loose it. Has a lot of waste the way she designed it. Since there wasn't enough in a fat 8th for waste, I custom cut it.

i tried to use it with Libster's fleur de Lis fabric but just didn't work. It didn't grow any either but I think I found a good block to match it with.
    thanks for this link. It has several blocks that appeal to me. I might just add some to my OA orange/grey/white quilt.
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:49 PM

http://www.sewmamasew.com/2012/02/mo...ary-sew-along/

I saw it a while back & liked it. Some of them are wild, but for some reason I liked this one, was just waiting for a place to use it. I even gave it an icon so I wouldn't loose it. Has a lot of waste the way she designed it. Since there wasn't enough in a fat 8th for waste, I custom cut it.

I knew that was where it was from that is the block I was debating on doing for Anna in the OA group......GramE it's beautiful you did a fabulous job. and there is no such thing as too modern.......
    Old 04-11-2016, 02:58 PM

Moonwork - Love the block, thanks!

Hope this goes through. I'm having a terrible time getting the board to load. It keeps taking me to some kind of "install" page, or it just says "page not found". Um ... I don't think I'll be installing anything, thankyouverymuch! (???)
    Old 04-11-2016, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    Moonwork - Love the block, thanks!

Hope this goes through. I'm having a terrible time getting the board to load. It keeps taking me to some kind of "install" page, or it just says "page not found". Um ... I don't think I'll be installing anything, thankyouverymuch! (???)
    keeps sending me that error message too. Must be too many of us trying to get on at one time! I've had to try 2-3 times each time. Even to post it gave me that message.
    Old 04-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    If only it were so easy roflol!
    I have this thing about cutting up flowers or floral arrangements. I got a bit more courage after I saw what the others were doing.

Another thing this boom has reminded me of is I don't make quilts with white in them. I have a very small stash of white left over from a red & white quilt, but white & I in clothing have never gotten along and I thing that has carried over into quilting. Growing a bit of courage as I go along. One square with white doesn't seem as daunting as a whole quiltfull!