Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

• Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-19-2016, 08:43 AM

The blocks for Joan are very pretty Libster

Janice I like the by owner page best I live seeing all the blocks of one fabric grouped together.
    Old 03-19-2016, 09:14 AM

At work today so I brought the hand sewn block w/ me. I don't know how many I'll do this swap that are hand sewn but I'm hoping to do a few.
    Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Janice I like by owner also. LOVE the orange blocks! Havent gotten to start yet..
    Old 03-19-2016, 11:08 AM

Ok Overachieving ladies AND you lurkers from Group Therapy show us your sewing space let us see where you create your magic.

This is my space

Entering my room and look left is my sewing and cutting table and the closet with my dirty dark secret every one of those project bins holds at least one ufo a couple of them are holding read hiding 2. The shoe boxes on the bottom are scraps sorted by color. The box on top of the bolts of fabric is scraps waiting to be sorted. The mirrored doors I taped everybody's baggie up with possible fabrics. I'm trying something new this go around for keeping organized.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545312[/ATTACH]

Turning clockwise a couple of book cases holding patterns and fabrics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545313[/ATTACH]

This is my view when sitting at my machine one of theses days I'll get Mr Bill to make me an ironing table thats a bit bigger than just a board it makes ironing lg tops difficult.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545314[/ATTACH]

Leaving my happy place

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545315[/ATTACH]

And last the view out my window it's a beautiful day so the windows are open.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545316[/ATTACH]

And in the spirit of honesty I just cleaned and vacuumed it's usually much more chaotic.

Ok I showed you mine lets see yours!
    Attached Thumbnails enter-look-left.jpg   turning-clockwise-.jpg   view-sewin-g-machine-.jpg   leaving.jpg   view-out-my-window.jpg  

Old 03-19-2016, 02:03 PM

On a roll

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545333[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
    Old 03-19-2016, 02:26 PM

I love it when the blocks are being posted! Everybody is doing so good on them. This one is for Jaba. Sorry it's not more complicated, but I just could not chop them up. I hope you'll like it.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_0045-2-.jpg  
    Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 PM

Blocks are being made at a dizzying pace for me to keep up with pix. I no sooner think I'm ready to put the gallery on line when, boom, more blocks!

And Billi, there is no way I will show you my sewing room as it's tiny and way too messed up right now. I have a MIL suite in the basement that is being used as my husband's office (the former bedroom), my sewing room (the kitchen), and then there's a living area that I expand into when I need to iron more than a small amount or need to spread out. When, and IF, I ever get it presentable, I'll take pix.
    Old 03-19-2016, 02:34 PM

"And Billi, there is no way I will show you my sewing room as it's tiny and way too messed up right now. "

Me too, Janice, me too. But I know where every single thing is in it. Love yours Billi.
    Old 03-19-2016, 05:07 PM

OA, your block gallery is up. Go to the same old place, http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/ and you'll find it by clicking the second tab at the top of the page, OA by Owner.

Now for the newbies, I'll group all the block pix I receive for a particular F8 owner together. It helps everyone see what everyone else is making, and also helps you avoid duplicates of those already done. Plus in this case, Billi is continuing with the same fabric from Boom 15, both the Beignet and Rosebud groups, so you can look in those two groups and see what blocks she already has.

When you post pix here, I will pull them and add them to the gallery. It is a multi-step process and blocks are easily mislabeled so don't be surprised to find I've put your name on a block made by someone else. It happens despite my best efforts. If you find I've made a mistake, please EMAIL (not PM) me and I'll make a correction a priority, but I cannot guarantee it will be the same day you've told me about it. Also, when you post a pic, you can expect it to show up in the gallery in a few days. Some days, I'll work on them every few hours, but it may not be for several days. If you find 4 or 5 days have gone by and I've not posted your pic, please EMAIL me and either give me the POST NUMBER of the pic, or email the pic to me. Again, use EMAIL, ([email protected]) not PM, as I can respond to email much faster and the QB message system is a bit quirky for me occasionally. Also, if for whatever reason you cannot post pix, you can EMAIL me the file and I'll add it for you to the OA thread. Again, make sure your file is 200kb or smaller and free of any personal information.

I'll work on the Group Therapy group pix as things are heating up over there too.

And for heavens sake, I cannot believe I forgot to say the posted blocks are WONDERFUL! Thank you for all your efforts!

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-19-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Old 03-19-2016, 05:11 PM

What sewing room? My machine shares the living room with a piano and tv...way too small a house on the main level and I dont want to go upstairs to sew or to the basement where its damp. I guess I could turn the back laundry room into a sewing room but all my outside house plants are in there right now...maybe when I can put them outside...I know where everything is and its "organized" and its just me so Im pretty sure I wont take a picture LOL...Finished these two for Libster but the board is not cooperating with posting pictures right now....Ill try one more time!
    Attached Thumbnails libster-2-month.jpg   libster-2016.jpg