Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

• Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-22-2016, 01:38 AM

Glad you like them!

Here's QuilterMomma's blocks, hot off the ironing board.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545633[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails quiltermomma1.jpg   quiltermomma2.jpg  
    Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 AM

Jaba - Is white-on-white okay, or does it need to be solid white? Gotta admit ... this one's gonna be a challenge! But I love challenges!
    Old 03-22-2016, 02:57 AM

Moonrise, I LOVE the block! So pretty. No surprise, I'd never have thought of doing this with the fabric. Thank you!
    Old 03-22-2016, 05:24 AM

I looked again and the listing isn't there Connecting Threads must have sold out of it.
    I would rather have solid white if you have it, thanks for asking. It is a challenge for me too, I don't do good with novelty fabrics for some reason, my brain just goes dead. I figured all of you would do a much better job with it than I could.
    I really need to look at quilter momma's again, take it all apart and redo that block. My brain was totally gone on that sewing effort....sorry Beth I'll fix it!!
    Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Anna, I'm already thinking so much differently about the fabric than when I cut it. Now I wish I had more of it.

Here's Billi's block. Finally. Libster, I used a piece of your pink fabric for the center. I thought it was a very good match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545603[/ATTACH]Hope you like it, Billi. It's a variation of QC's Aunt Dinah block.

I love it Janice thank you and Libster's pink is perfect for it it's amazing how many different pinks work so well with my print.

I feel like such a slacker with nothing done yet hahahaha the good news is my dryer was fixed yesterday YAY so I'll be getting my fabrics washed soon and my sewing machine that I sent out for a tune up and to check on a couple of issues should be done today. I may not have any blocks to share till next month. We are leaving Easter Sunday to spend a week with the sisters and husbands at a beach house in central California I'm hoping for at least one rain storm while we are there.
    Old 03-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Anna, I'm already thinking so much differently about the fabric than when I cut it. Now I wish I had more of it.

Here's Billi's block. Finally. Libster, I used a piece of your pink fabric for the center. I thought it was a very good match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545603[/ATTACH]Hope you like it, Billi. It's a variation of QC's Aunt Dinah block.

I love it Janice thank you and Libster's pink is perfect for it it's amazing how many different pinks work so well with my print.

I feel like such a slacker with nothing done yet hahahaha the good news is my dryer was fixed yesterday YAY so I'll be getting my fabrics washed soon and my sewing machine that I sent out for a tune up and to check on a couple of issues should be done today. I may not have any blocks to share till next month. We are leaving Easter Sunday to spend a week with the sisters and husbands at a beach house in central California I'm hoping for at least one rain storm while we are there.
    Old 03-22-2016, 06:35 AM

Awesome blocks ladies, I especially LOVE what you did moonrise w/ Janice's fabric, that center fussy cut is amazing and your fabric choices perfect.
    Old 03-22-2016, 06:36 AM

Moonrise lucky you. We gave had several pop ups and absolutely loved them. Have a great weekend
    Old 03-22-2016, 07:36 AM

I did not see my block for quiltermomma so I am reposting it for you Janice.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]545647[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0744.jpg  
    Old 03-22-2016, 10:40 AM

Kassaundra, I Didn't see the block the first time around, it is a link and I missed it. Got it now kassaundra. Thanks.

I have ideas for AnnaQuilts' and Jaba's blocks. I'm having trouble with kassaundra's fabric and NanaKathy's though. I must give them some more thought.

Love be the blocks made for me!

i am am sitting outside and listening to what I think is a crow and it is meowing. I've never heard a crow make that sound before. It's eerie. If I weren't watching it "meow", I wouldn't believe it.