Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >
  • Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

• Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 AM

Packages for AnnaQuilts, Billi, Jaba, Joanelizbay, Libster and Terriamn are waiting at the front door for the carrier to pick them up. Each of you should have gotten a tracking number last night by email. On Fridays the carrier usually comes early afternoon so they'll soon be on their way!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549912[/ATTACH]

Just an FYI for everyone in OA, please remember to put your name AND the block owner's name on every package in the future. It should be easily visible from the outside. Thanks.

I found it confusing this time with a different number of pkgs going in each envelope. Some ziplocks had one block, some two. If we double up again, we will put all f8s in their own ziplocks. I learn something, often multiple somethings, with each swap.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Boom 16 in the OverAcheivers two month group. Other than that glitch with Quiltermomma's (happily temporarily) missing package, I thought this round was exceedingly smooth. Thank you for making it easy on me! Boomers are the best!!!

I'll see you on the flip side as GT finishes up!
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-13-2016 at 06:42 AM.
    Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks Janice. I don't know how you do it. For me it is hard enough to keep track of my end of the deal. Thank you for all your hard work. I really enjoyed the BOOM swaps and can't wait to get my OA blocks.
    Old 05-13-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks, Annaquilts. I'm glad you enjoyed OA.

Packages were picked up an hour ago.
    Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Thanks Janice. I don't know how you do it. For me it is hard enough to keep track of my end of the deal. Thank you for all your hard work. I really enjoyed the BOOM swaps and can't wait to get my OA blocks.
    Old 05-13-2016, 06:51 PM

Thanks Janice!!!
    Old 05-14-2016, 05:44 AM

Three cheers for our fearless leader
    Old 05-14-2016, 05:47 AM

I got the tracking and blocks should be here on Monday. That means I have blocks to make and 2 quilts to get done. Looks like next week is filled.. Thanks Janice for the fast turn around, much appreciated!
    Old 05-14-2016, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Packages for AnnaQuilts, Billi, Jaba, Joanelizbay, Libster and Terriamn are waiting at the front door for the carrier to pick them up. Each of you should have gotten a tracking number last night by email. On Fridays the carrier usually comes early afternoon so they'll soon be on their way!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549912[/ATTACH]

Just an FYI for everyone in OA, please remember to put your name AND the block owner's name on every package in the future. It should be easily visible from the outside. Thanks.

I found it confusing this time with a different number of pkgs going in each envelope. Some ziplocks had one block, some two. If we double up again, we will put all f8s in their own ziplocks. I learn something, often multiple somethings, with each swap.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Boom 16 in the OverAcheivers two month group. Other than that glitch with Quiltermomma's (happily temporarily) missing package, I thought this round was exceedingly smooth. Thank you for making it easy on me! Boomers are the best!!!

I'll see you on the flip side as GT finishes up!

It will be here Monday thank you for being such a rock star swap master.
    Old 05-15-2016, 05:40 AM

Ladies..it has been a great joy making your blocks and receiving the blocks you have made for me..Great Job Janice as our leader..Thanking you for all you do!!! Hope to see all of you in our next boom!!!
    Old 05-15-2016, 09:55 AM

Mine should be here Monday too. This Boom has gone by fast, hasn't it? Looking forward to our next one for sure.
    Thanks, Everyone, for making blocks for me. I love every one of them. Once again, I just have to bow before Janice. She is the perfect hostess, always keeping us on track. Life is good!
    Old 05-15-2016, 04:02 PM

Well, heck, Libster, it did go by fast for you. I think you finished both sets of your blocks in what? Thirty-five minutes?!?!? Seriously, though, you do fine work and I'm impressed you are able to make such lovely, well-constructed blocks so quickly. I applaud you. As for me, I struggled with this round but I had a lot of distractions. It's always something in this house. But they're done and in the mail. I hope everyone approves.

On a side note, I spent about eight hours this weekend figuring out pp'ing and I'd say I've got the basics down. Woo hoo, I've got a new skill. I need to continue working with it and along that line, I'm going to keep Sewing Wild and Goosey blocks by Bonnie hunter. I put together four, at nearly an hour each but I'm already going faster and getting more accurate. If I can piece those little blocks, I can make larger ones too. Yeah! PP'ing IS FUN!
    Originally Posted by Libster
    Mine should be here Monday too. This Boom has gone by fast, hasn't it? Looking forward to our next one for sure.
    Thanks, Everyone, for making blocks for me. I love every one of them. Once again, I just have to bow before Janice. She is the perfect hostess, always keeping us on track. Life is good!