Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Please ship your blocks so that they ARRIVE no earlier than the 14th. For most of you, that will mean mailing no sooner than the 12th which is less than a week away. If you happen to be in both groups and both sets are complete, you can certainly go ahead and ship both at the same time. I'm a big fan of saving postage for more fun things like, say, fabric.
Oooh, we are getting so close to getting our blocks back... I'm so excited!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:46 PM

sounds silly, but I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see how all you put together all these beautiful creations.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
sounds silly, but I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see how all you put together all these beautiful creations.
I know... They are going to be great! Today I went to a fabulous quilt show and it was just FULL of samplers of all kinds and sizes. Judging by the show, I'd say samplers like ours are *really IN*. I got some good pics to inspire everyone and will post a big thread on the Pinebelt Quilt Show soon... just not tonight as I'm wiped slap out from the big day.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:56 PM

My goodness, Joan, that's big news. Had you mentioned this before bc if so, it didn't register. Well, you are all set with all your blocks done, yay you, and soon you'll have your own to play with as you recuperate. I'm sure your DIL doesn't mind one bit being your driver. I think people often like doing that, it makes them feel useful. I know I did when sis was ill. People like to help.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Glad I got my blocks for both groups done. Having eye surgery on the 25th on the right eye and then he said 3-4 weeks later will have the left eye done. I reallly dislike having my eyes dilated then going out in the bright sun light. My DIL was kind enough to take me and will also take me on the 25/26.. Hate to ask them but its nice to know I have a driver. I absolutely LOVE all the blocks Ive seen. The surfer will fit in perfect! Been a long time since Ive been around a 12 year old boy but hope his moodyness is only a sign of growing up...hes worse than my daughter was at 12...nothing seems to suit him! So glad Im not raising any of my own in this day of phones and computers!!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Pics to inspire us! Good! I've got enough blocks to make several sampler quilts but I'm low on ideas for settings. I'll look forward them.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I know... They are going to be great! Today I went to a fabulous quilt show and it was just FULL of samplers of all kinds and sizes. Judging by the show, I'd say samplers like ours are *really IN*. I got some good pics to inspire everyone and will post a big thread on the Pinebelt Quilt Show soon... just not tonight as I'm wiped slap out from the big day.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Love the surfer block, A2P... so creative!

Joan, are you having cataract surgery? Will be thinking of you! Pray all goes well for both eyes.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Joan, my friend just had both eyes done and she's very pleased with her results. Do your eye drops every day and you should sail right through it. I'll be thinking about you.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Libster
Joan, my friend just had both eyes done and she's very pleased with her results. Do your eye drops every day and you should sail right through it. I'll be thinking about you.
I just had my right eye done & the medicine was put in with the replacement lens. No drops to be done. So much easier. The drops were difficult to remember when DH had his done. It's over in a flash too! My vision in my right eye went from 20/100 to 20/20.

Last edited by GramE; 10-07-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:33 AM

After my Gma had hers done she only needed glasses to read. She had wore "coke bottle" glasses her entire life.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:08 PM

You ALL make me feel so much better. I worry about my eye sight worse than anything. My cousin has mascular degereration diease?? cant see at all out of one eye and the left is cloudy where she has to use a big magnifier to read mail and cant drive anymore. He did a CT scan yesterday to make sure it wasnt MGD or something besides cataracts and I thanked GOD that it was just cataracts..EVERYONE Ive talked to says I will be so glad to have it done...It makes me feel good to hear of people saying its not a bad surgery...LOL except for the drops afterwards...everyone seems to NOT like them! Wish my dr did the drops during surgery instead of 3 to do for days afterwards!