Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 10-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty star block, Libster. I wondered if you were planning on combining your Opal and Topaz blocks? They do look like they could go together well.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Sewbizgirl, can you come to Florida and give me private lessons? I taught swimming lessons for so many years and was a life guard also, am so looking forward to our new pool in Florida. May be less time sewing and quilting but perhaps I will be a little less fluffy..... and in better health for the long run I am sure! Maybe that's why I'm so excited to get out of this cold winter and pretty much being a shut in for 6-7 months. Leaving this week for a warmer winter...
Old 10-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Very pretty star block, Libster. I wondered if you were planning on combining your Opal and Topaz blocks? They do look like they could go together well.
I'm hoping they'll blend well. I can tell better when I get them back.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by jaba
Sewbizgirl, can you come to Florida and give me private lessons? I taught swimming lessons for so many years and was a life guard also, am so looking forward to our new pool in Florida. May be less time sewing and quilting but perhaps I will be a little less fluffy..... and in better health for the long run I am sure! Maybe that's why I'm so excited to get out of this cold winter and pretty much being a shut in for 6-7 months. Leaving this week for a warmer winter...

Now wait a minute...what's wrong with being fluffy?? LOL I do envy you your pool though. Safe travels.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:08 PM

Hee, Hee, nothing wrong with fluffy....Just went through closets yesterday and today ....oops they don't fit, a little too snug for this grandma OMG, that is too big....big smile on my face.. Good thing actually, all the closets and hall closets are cleaned out, hubby helped too, the garbage man is going to hate me. "His thankful" is he doesn't have to pick up at our address all winter.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba
LOL, I teach water aerobics in the summer months, too! Would love to come...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 AM

JOAN
wishing you an easy time, great eyesight and fast healing

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
I have been finishing up my blocks:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559911[/ATTACH]All2pieces

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559912[/ATTACH]Billi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559913[/ATTACH]Libster

I have two more to finish.

I worked on this block for two hours and still could not get it right. Never could get it to square up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559914[/ATTACH]Sorry Sewbizgirl, I am going back to the drawing board.
Very pretty all of them and mine is perfect thank you

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
A couple of slices of pizza and a cold drink and then this happens.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559924[/ATTACH]Sewbizgirl

I dismantled and started fresh. I like this better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559925[/ATTACH]Nanakathy55. The light colored fabric is really a cream colored fabric with little flowers.

I am now ready to mail. Thank you Janice for hosting such a fun swap. I will definitely be on the look out for the next Boom. Thank you to all my fellow boomers for your support and kind words, especially when things would not go right.
Wow awesome change to Sewbizs block very pretty and Nk's is beautiful perfect fabrics.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
Lstew2212 - Beautiful work! Thank you for adding such a cheery yellow on my block! The ones for the others are beautiful too. I admit I like the redo better than the original. The one for NanaKathy55 is a great use of fabric.

I've finished one block for everyone and am trying to get a second block for everyone before mailing.
Lstew2212, this is a second block for you. A "Patience" block. The red actually works with your feathers better in real life. The yellows and oranges in my stash was off just a tad. The olive green was too dark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559940[/ATTACH]
Nice color combo

Originally Posted by Libster
Ladies, all these pretty blocks has inspired me to dig out some more scraps and make myself another block. It's a new to me star pattern, Ladies Star. I'm trying it out for the next Boom.
Ohh pretty your quilt is going to be beautiful.

May be less time sewing and quilting but perhaps I will be a little less fluffy.....
I resemble that shape

Ladies there are so many beautiful blocks I look forward to seeing all of the finishes and swapping with all of you again.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
Lstew2212 - Beautiful work! Thank you for adding such a cheery yellow on my block! The ones for the others are beautiful too. I admit I like the redo better than the original. The one for NanaKathy55 is a great use of fabric.

I've finished one block for everyone and am trying to get a second block for everyone before mailing.
Lstew2212, this is a second block for you. A "Patience" block. The red actually works with your feathers better in real life. The yellows and oranges in my stash was off just a tad. The olive green was too dark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559940[/ATTACH]
I Love it, thank you
Old 10-10-2016, 04:09 PM

I had to change my surgery date. Looked at calandar and both my son and DIL work the Wed after I had it scheduled and noone to get 3 kids to school or Logan to day care OR take me for follow up...so I scheduled it for Nov 3 since they are both off that Thur and then I get th f s s off! Worked out good all the way around! I cant tell you how reading what you all wrote about your experiences has eased my nerves about it!! THANK YOU...such dear friends ...
Old 10-10-2016, 05:51 PM

sorry you had to put it off so far.