Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-16-2016, 05:06 AM

Wow! You are doing a great job. Wonderful blocks.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
LOL! I'll try to keep them in line!

Here are some progress pics! Yes, already...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556012[/ATTACH]
This is Teriamn's fabric. A very simple block but I didn't want to chop up the football players too much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556014[/ATTACH]
Joanelizabay, I hope this is anything at all like what you had in mind! I put your fish back in the ocean.

SO. MUCH. FUN!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:55 AM

I LOVE Billies musical block! I keep telling myself "you DONT need anymore ideas or fabric"....over and over...so far its worked but I LOVE music and that fabric just keeps calling to me!! I cant wait to see all the fish ideas.. I absolutely love the block where the fish are swimming!! Its my weekend "off" from babysitting so Ill have F/S/S/M to sew or do whatever...love those grandkids but quiet time is VERY nice!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:32 AM

Just checking in and trying to catch up Got back from Florida and now just waiting for all the fabric to arrive. Love making these blocks and seeing all the mix of fabrics.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:21 AM

Thank you! Here's Billi's....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556023[/ATTACH]

I love shoo fly... Hope you like this, Billi.

I can see these are going to consume me. I'm having too much fun. Hope everybody else's fabric can be shipped soon so we can all play.

Hey, these fabrics are all so much nicer and even more gorgeous in person than they looked in the photos!

It's PERFCT I love it thabnk you!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Sewbiz, perfect block to showcase the fabric. Perfecttttttt

Billie fun blocks, who is the Dr. Seuss going to be for? I found a circle maker but turns out they were to large for anything I have needed them for
My Nephew and his wife are pregnant, I decided to get ahead of the game for once and make a 2 quilts one boy this one and a girl one I'll have one quilted once they announce the gender. The girl quilt I have a beautiful roll of 42 6 inch strips I think it's called a dessert roll that I want to use I just need to find a pattern that will work with that kind of cut I am taking suggestions.

What kind of cutter do you have? What size circle does your cutter make? I need 4 or 4.5 inch, the 3.5 I have is just too small
Old 08-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Billi, your strips are so wide that you could cut them into 7 6" squares each. If you wanted to slice them lengthwise, this is a really cute pattern for strips.... with a square in the center for a fussy cut character or something:
http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2011/03/off-rail.html

I have a bunch of novelty strips that I'm going to use to make an I Spy quilt with this pattern. I love it.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:41 AM

Thank you! Here's Billi's....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556023[/ATTACH]

I love shoo fly... Hope you like this, Billi.

I can see these are going to consume me. I'm having too much fun. Hope everybody else's fabric can be shipped soon so we can all play.

Hey, these fabrics are all so much nicer and even more gorgeous in person than they looked in the photos!
Beautiful block nice fussy cutting. They always are, and no matter how beautiful you think the block made for you is on the screen it is even better in person.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:38 PM

Billi smart to get ahead instead of running behind like I usually am. I do have the accuqqilt go but the circle maker I use the most is a ruler with multiple markings. You mark half, swing the ruler around and Mark other half. Will check out what size the Go circles are
Old 08-16-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Billi smart to get ahead instead of running behind like I usually am. I do have the accuqqilt go but the circle maker I use the most is a ruler with multiple markings. You mark half, swing the ruler around and Mark other half. Will check out what size the Go circles are
Terri I also have the go cutter and the circle I have is 3.5 the go big has a either a 4 or 4.5 die but it won't fit in my cutter I'm having a difficult time justifying $500 for 56 perfect circles.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:59 PM

I agree totally Billi. Quilter momma has the big go wonder if she has the larger circle die