For GramE. What juicy batiks! Yum!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556818[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom17-grame.jpg  
Old 08-25-2016, 01:41 AM

For Billi ... Amish Diamond.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556819[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom17-billi.jpg  
Old 08-25-2016, 04:53 AM

Wow, wild ride here last night. Power went out around 5. 10 miles to the south of us the had 9 tornadoes touchdown. Devastating damage. Starbucks Coffe shop flattened. Strip mall & enclosed Mall in same parking lot minimal damage. Tornado sirens going off from 2 until about 7 or so, maddening when you have no power. & we aren't hip enough to have smart phones.

But at 10:30 I was hand sewing one of my blocks by flashlight. Hey, pioneers did it. Had to charge my phone sitting in running car so someone could call me if I needed to head to the bathtub. But 10 hr power outage was the worst we suffered. Bad part about DH working overnight. Dogs are not very good company in the dark or in a storm!

My son was here because I had made them some supper & his wife called frantic because the sirens were going off. They live 10 miles north of us. He said I'm listening to the tv & my phone is getting updates it is just a warning. She said (and I could hear her panicked voice shouting to him) why is everyone coming out into their yards instead of into a safe place. He had to laugh & said, well that's what they do, they come out to check the weather for themselves. She's from East Chicago, I guess they don't do that there. But he got home safe with chicken & dumplings & cupcakes! Maybe I can sew by daylight today. Or even machine since the power is back on.

Gratefully no deaths or serious injuries reported from all the storms, just a LOT of property damage. Many corn fields totally flattened!

And everyone's blocks are gorgeous!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:28 AM

Moonrise, nice block, thank you. I love this floral fabric and looking forward to making this quilt.
GramE, weather in your area would scare the bejeezers out of me! Glad your power is back on. Maybe there is a treadle machine in your future
Old 08-25-2016, 05:32 AM

GramE, thankful you are ok and so far no deaths have been reported from all tornadoes. How scary to be my your self.

ladies the blocks are all so pretty.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
For Billi ... Amish Diamond.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556819[/ATTACH]
I Love it moon thank you, I like that the music is all going the same direction.

He is going to have the coolest quilt.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by GramE
Wow, wild ride here last night. Power went out around 5. 10 miles to the south of us the had 9 tornadoes touchdown. Devastating damage. Starbucks Coffe shop flattened. Strip mall & enclosed Mall in same parking lot minimal damage. Tornado sirens going off from 2 until about 7 or so, maddening when you have no power. & we aren't hip enough to have smart phones.

But at 10:30 I was hand sewing one of my blocks by flashlight. Hey, pioneers did it. Had to charge my phone sitting in running car so someone could call me if I needed to head to the bathtub. But 10 hr power outage was the worst we suffered. Bad part about DH working overnight. Dogs are not very good company in the dark or in a storm!

My son was here because I had made them some supper & his wife called frantic because the sirens were going off. They live 10 miles north of us. He said I'm listening to the tv & my phone is getting updates it is just a warning. She said (and I could hear her panicked voice shouting to him) why is everyone coming out into their yards instead of into a safe place. He had to laugh & said, well that's what they do, they come out to check the weather for themselves. She's from East Chicago, I guess they don't do that there. But he got home safe with chicken & dumplings & cupcakes! Maybe I can sew by daylight today. Or even machine since the power is back on.

Gratefully no deaths or serious injuries reported from all the storms, just a LOT of property damage. Many corn fields totally flattened!

And everyone's blocks are gorgeous!
Jeeze GramE thats scary.....This California girl does not do tornados! I'm so glad you are all safe and sound.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
For GramE. What juicy batiks! Yum!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556818[/ATTACH]
these have been sitting in my stash forever. Last minute I decided to send different fabric to each group & I remembered the red hat discussion in Boom 16! My batik stage, I'm over it! I still use them but cotton has become my favorite.

This block is wonderful!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
Jeeze GramE thats scary.....This California girl does not do tornados! I'm so glad you are all safe and sound.
Yeah, funny that you say that. We lived in NC close to the coast and the first hurricane, I was hollering "I want to go back to Indiana, at least you can see a tornado coming." This Indiana girl didn't like hurricanes!

Last edited by GramE; 08-25-2016 at 06:06 AM. Reason: I forgot to close my quotes. Who reads these reasons for editing?