Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 09-29-2016, 06:45 PM

Beautiful GramE, I really like the simplicity of your sashing and cornerstones. I see both of my blocks.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:57 PM

It is amazing how I tried so hard to arrange them "properly", but the way they are the flow is so cool! This could really be addictive.

And I haven't decided whether to add another row or not. Just gonna look at it for a bit.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:14 PM

GramE that is a beautiful quilt.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:27 PM

It is amazing when you think 14 women constructed it. I love looking at it as a whole. I've been looking at the individual blocks, but when you look at it as a whole it takes on a new dimension.

Thank you to all who took part. And those who got the silver/maroon fabric, it is waiting its turn. Not forgotten at all!
Old 09-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Power Poster

Your Boom 16 top turned out so beautiful, GramE. Can't wait to see how mine looks when it's all together. This is my first Boom.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:45 AM

Love it!! I sent one of my Boom quilts to an old friend in Oregon...haven't seen her for 30 years but still love her just like in our "younger" fun days...she loved it. Not sure which boom but it had a "woodsy" feel and since she lives in the mountains of Oregon it fit her perfectly! Its so much fun to watch these blocks come together into a quilt...like Gram said...made by 14 people!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Default Important: Correct Postage is $6.80!

CORRECT POSTAGE for a padded priority mail envelope is $6.80. Today I have discovered THREE envelopes short of money for return of your blocks and at least one mailed to me at the wrong rate. I don't want to think that our blocks could end up in some kind of mail purgatory because of being $.35 short when you ship to me. I really do expect everyone to send the correct amount and ship correctly to me. Thankfully, quite a few of you have sent $7 for shipping so I've got a bit of a slush fund I use to defray, not cover, my expenses which include labels, tape, ink, gas driving to the PO and shops for supplies/shipping when needed, etc. I know it may seem like a few cents here and there, but PLEASE put the correct amount on, and in, your packages. Seriously, folks! Thank you!!!
Old 09-30-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
CORRECT POSTAGE for a padded priority mail envelope is $6.80. Today I have discovered THREE envelopes short of money for return of your blocks and at least one mailed to me at the wrong rate. I don't want to think that our blocks could end up in some kind of mail purgatory because of being $.35 short when you ship to me. I really do expect everyone to send the correct amount and ship correctly to me. Thankfully, quite a few of you have sent $7 for shipping so I've got a bit of a slush fund I use to defray, not cover, my expenses which include labels, tape, ink, gas driving to the PO and shops for supplies/shipping when needed, etc. I know it may seem like a few cents here and there, but PLEASE put the correct amount on, and in, your packages. Seriously, folks! Thank you!!!
Ok ladies, I'm guilty here! I'll tell you where I messed up to help you avoid the same mistake. There are 2 flat rate envelopes listed, but only one of them is PADDED and I missed this when I ordered my envelope from the USPS website. The wrong one comes up first, so keep scrolling until you get to the PADDED ONE.

So Sorry Janice, my apologies to you & I will send you what I owe you. I'm surprised they accepted it from me with the wrong postage.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Only 3 weeks left in this swap. I can't wait to get my blocks back! According to the gallery, I still have 5 blocks yet to be made, so I still have some surprises to watch for! It will be sad in a way when they are all done. But NOT sad to get them and make quilts.

This is totally addictive. When's the next one?
Old 09-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Janice, you should have got my other package yesterday, more postage to send each swap separate and a little gift for you. It's pretty easy just to send $7.00....gives you a little for your time and effort and gas money to the post office. Next swap I will suggest you just ask for $7.00 each way, not a big deal!