Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 10-01-2016, 06:54 AM

GramE, this turned out wonderfully! I love the softness of the blue with the white. Cannot wait to see it when it's quilted.

Originally Posted by GramE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559260[/ATTACH]

This is why i signed up for Boom 17. This is what all the precious souls made for me in Boom 16 GroupTherapy! I fussed & fidgeted with how to arrange them, then they got mixed up when I took it down to take a trip to my daughter's house, then when I took them down to sew the first sashing on, they got twisted again & today when sewing the spacers & the sashing I reversed two rows! And now as I look at it as a whole, it couldn't be more beautiful!

Thank you you all for a wonderful time. And magnificent results!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
GramE, this turned out wonderfully! I love the softness of the blue with the white. Cannot wait to see it when it's quilted.
trying to decide if I want to add another row of four.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:05 AM

I prefer rectangular quilts over square ones, don't know why. But as this already is beautiful, if you add another row it'll only be more so.
Originally Posted by GramE
trying to decide if I want to add another row of four.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:11 AM

GramE - That is so pretty! It will be a treasure for sure. One of the nicest things of a friendship swap like this is the memories sewn into each block. Before the rise of the internet, my quilter "pen pals" and I would include little stories about ourselves with the fabric we swapped. It was nice to read what they wrote, then match those notes with the fabric and blocks we swapped each month.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
I prefer rectangular quilts over square ones, don't know why. But as this already is beautiful, if you add another row it'll only be more so.
I think that's my motivation. Not sure I like the square shape, that large anyway. Now it is about 54" square. Another row and a border would make it close to 54 X 74.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
GramE - That is so pretty! It will be a treasure for sure. One of the nicest things of a friendship swap like this is the memories sewn into each block. Before the rise of the internet, my quilter "pen pals" and I would include little stories about ourselves with the fabric we swapped. It was nice to read what they wrote, then match those notes with the fabric and blocks we swapped each month.
The same really, just a quicker connection! A wonderful connection to make with like minded seamers!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Quilters, I tried the Jinny Beyer pattern, Radio Windmill. One thing I noticed was that my printer did not print the guideline at the required 2 inches. It was off by 3/8ths of an inch. Very hard to adjust. So I used a 4 inch square and went from there. I practiced a bit before I made these for the swap. Then I had trouble uploading the photos. Hope you can see them.

LUM, This one is for your Quilt Of Valor. I like it so much better than my first block for you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails lumradiowindmill-l.jpg  
Old 10-02-2016, 10:41 AM

Beautiful block, All2pieces.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:09 AM

Billi, your fabric excited me because I have this great musical note fat quarter that should have worked nicely. Not so much. But I couldn't get the ideas out of my head. So you get two very different blocks. I hope you can use them. The first is a Radio Windmill. Appropriate for a sound engineer, I think. I called the second block "Change in Tempo", just for fun.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails billiradiowindmill-2.jpg   billi-changingtempo.jpg  
Old 10-02-2016, 11:18 AM

NanaKathy55 = Your fabric brought to mind crocheted doilies and cut glass candy dishes. I hope you enjoy the block I made for you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nanakathy55-l.jpg