Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-06-2016, 03:33 PM

Hi Kassaundra,

I love your attic window block! I love all of them. Love what everyone did. I'm wanting to make it into a big king-size quilt.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I remember the cardinal fabric, I made an attic windows block w/ it last time.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Yes love the Cardinal fabric, will have to look for blocks that I can fussy cut the cardinals. I have two of the 100 block magazines I placed in a special spot just for this boom. Marked some of the pages with just 2 colors, others for fussy cuts etc. but ask me where that special spot is and I have no idea GRRR
Old 08-06-2016, 03:50 PM

I've been picture / idea surfing and thinking about the fish fabric Joan, I think I finally have an idea, how old is the boy it is for?

And Molly the boy the space quilt is for how old is he and is he a sci fi fan? If so which one(s)?

He will be 35 by the time the swap is over. I have no idea if he is into sci-fi or not. He is a flight control systems engineer for Garmin International. He wanted to be an astronaut, but had health issues that prevented it. Hope that helps.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=mollymunchkin;7620798]He will be 35 by the time the swap is over. I have no idea if he is into sci
LOL LOL Not the health problems but the age I was picturing a young boy, so yes it helps I won't do any juvenile blocks.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:42 PM

I got 2 setting triangles on but only one quilted. I have low expectations for Sunday and Tuesday, so anything I get done on those days is gravy.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1171.jpg   dsc_1172.jpg  
Old 08-07-2016, 08:27 PM

I got 2 setting triangles on but only one quilted. I have low expectations for Sunday and Tuesday, so anything I get done on those days is gravy.

I love that butterfly fabric! Great looking quilt.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:47 AM

Nice job, Kassaundra. It's turning out lovely. I recognize that butterfly fabric from a previous boom, at least several back. One of our swappers used it for their F8. I remember how pretty it was.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 AM

Time to update everyone in Topaz. Packages were rec'd and checked from the following people:

Francie Yuhas
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster
LJDugas
Moonrise
Moonwork42029
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

About half the packages have been rec'd and they were all in good order. Great job, Topaz!

More packages are due in today and tomorrow. I was out of town this weekend but came home early. I cancelled my mail hold that was on until Tuesday but I don't know if the carrier (a substitute this week) will get it in time to deliver mail today or if it will come tomorrow. Watch your tracking numbers so you know the status. As soon as I can after they're in my hands, I'll send you each an email so you know your F8s are safe and inside out of this dreadful weather. I think the plastic packages would melt if they stayed outside too long...it's been feeling just that hot. Grrrrr
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Thanks, that butterfly fabric is covered in sparkles, two things a 6 y/o girl can't get enough of sparkles and pink! lol
Old 08-08-2016, 03:05 PM

Thanks, that butterfly fabric is covered in sparkles, two things a 6 y/o girl can't get enough of sparkles and pink! lol
Ya some of us adults are suckers for sparkles too. hahaha Kass it's wonderful she will love it.