Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Billi
Ya some of us adults are suckers for sparkles too. hahaha Kass it's wonderful she will love it.

I I saw it in Joann's in three colors, pink, purple & yellow.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:16 PM

GramE your beautiful block from our side swap arrived. It is even prettier in person Thanks so much
Old 08-08-2016, 03:21 PM

OK I'm sharing now. I made this for my youngest daughter and I just put the last border on today. This quilt top has been a monkey on my back for over a year. it has driven me nuts. I started with a pattern for a couch quilt we loved the different boots and the funky setting then added the horse panels and wanted it queen size. Seriously it should not have been that difficult bit for some reason my math was off (shocker) my cutting was shall we say unique at times and my 1/4 inch seam allowance was at times non existent. I have sewn ripped sewn and redone some of this quilt more than once. Probably equal to 2 queen quilts. But the top is done She recently moved and will be living in Norway for 2 years so she wants it extra warm it has a dark brown minkee back and I am having it double batted with wool and quilters dream puff (a hi-loft poly). That should keep her warm but I am not looking forward to putting the binding on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]555628[/ATTACH]

I'm calling it "Boot Scoot Boogie Double Time."
Attached Thumbnails kendal-quilt-top-copy.jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Love it!!! Great job!!!
OK I'm sharing now. I made this for my youngest daughter and I just put the last border on today. This quilt top has been a monkey on my back for over a year. it has driven me nuts. I started with a pattern for a couch quilt we loved the different boots and the funky setting then added the horse panels and wanted it queen size. Seriously it should not have been that difficult bit for some reason my math was off (shocker) my cutting was shall we say unique at times and my 1/4 inch seam allowance was at times non existent. I have sewn ripped sewn and redone some of this quilt more than once. Probably equal to 2 queen quilts. But the top is done She recently moved and will be living in Norway for 2 years so she wants it extra warm it has a dark brown minkee back and I am having it double batted with wool and quilters dream puff (a hi-loft poly). That should keep her warm but I am not looking forward to putting the binding on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]555628[/ATTACH]

Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM

Billi, it is fabulous. Sorry it was one of those pain in the hiney quilts. Norway is a long way from California.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:40 PM

Well it sure is one pretty quilt no matter how long it took. Wow is the first thing that came to mind on this one!!!!! You should enter in in some quilt show, I bet it would win 1st place.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:43 PM

Billi I so love your Boot Scoot Boogie Double Time quilt! My two daughters would absolutely love it. We have horses. Lots of fun! Thanks for sharing.

I love your sparkle butterfly quilt too Kassaundra. Sparkles can make life so much sweeter.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:47 PM

I've been busy myself this week. It seems that one quilt just wasn't enough. So I let DH pick out the pattern for this one and needless to say, he's not allowed to do that any more. Being rusty doesn't help with bias seems and the out side border was a real pain in my butt but I got it done. Now am waiting for my DD to show up this weekend to help me pin these tops together so I can finish them before Sept 24th.
I had a hard time taking these pictures so I got 3, one is most of the quilt, the 2nd one shows the pain in the but border and the 3rd one shows the colors because the white showed up plain and it has little black dots in it.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd-raffle-quilt-1-.jpg   2nd-raffle-quilt-2-.jpg   2nd-raffle-quilt-close-up-2-.jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 05:02 PM

wow, wow and wow! you all are such great quilters! Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Beautiful quilts Ladies!!!!