Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-17-2016, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by variegated
Yea Billi - I done did it!!!! (simple things make me dance)
Hurray for you simple things make me happy too

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Awesome Jellyfish, did you use metallic thread?
No I didn't I looked at it and it just seemed to be too much. the fish are a variegated thread of pretty much all the colors and the jelly is yellow and red threads. Can you believe that I actually used the words too much? hahahaha.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:33 AM

Got 2 more done this morning..One for Quiltermomma and one for Seasaw2mch. I love red/white with black added! Have used the red/white in a couple of swaps..
Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday with all 4 grandkids. Hailee kept saying "I like that color, I like this one"...then Conner, the one the fish is for saw black Mustachs on white and told me he wanted a quilt out of that fabric...ugh. Of course Hayden went straight for the St Louis Cardinals fleece. I hurried up and got what I needed and left before they made me busy forever making them more quilts!
Attached Thumbnails quiltermomma.jpg   seesaw2mch.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:49 AM

Wonderful blocks! I've taken 4 of my grands in Michaels before. It wasn't pretty. I think I got out for less than 50 bucks but they all had a project to work on!
Old 09-17-2016, 07:01 AM

Yahoo! Not gloating...but all my blocks are in the mail to our fearless leader. I needed to get them on their way before We get ready to migrate . We have a park model in a spot for old folks outside of Palm Springs. When it starts getting gray,rainy,cold,my wings start itching.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:21 AM

Jeb gorgeous blocks, the colors are very striking
Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 AM

Thank you Kwilt...I love making blocks but hate when they are done and I have to wait for the next swap! Miss the chatter on here! I got one more done for GramE. Have one more for moon but when I looked at the gallary I see that Janice has made her the exact same block I had cut out and the exact same color!! Great minds think alike. Im sure I can find another pattern to use...its the last one for this swap.
Attached Thumbnails grame.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 09:36 AM

More great blocks it's great when grands enjoy making projects. I just ordered fabric with a map of the USA one of my granddaughters wants to make her aunt something for when she runs her 50 th state We will check out the fabric and see what Abby can make when it arrives

Francie do you decide your time equally between Oregon and Palm Springs?
Old 09-17-2016, 09:44 AM

Beautiful!, Joan. I love it. The block w/a twist!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Thank you Kwilt...I love making blocks but hate when they are done and I have to wait for the next swap! Miss the chatter on here! I got one more done for GramE. Have one more for moon but when I looked at the gallary I see that Janice has made her the exact same block I had cut out and the exact same color!! Great minds think alike. Im sure I can find another pattern to use...its the last one for this swap.
Awesome block Joan, I just love this pattern.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:36 AM

It's supposed to be a fun day, piecing and watching college football. WELL...both have been a bloodbath. Suffice it to say, I can fix the block (horrible cutting error but it would be best not to speak of it - ever) but there's nothing I can do but cringe for the rest of the football game. And let me tell you that if any one of you ever requests grey again, you are banned from this swap. Banned, I say! I've struggled with each block requiring grey. Consider yourselves forewarned.