Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-17-2016, 10:53 AM

First, hugs, Terriamn, many hugs.
Originally Posted by terriamn
More sad news Biopsy reports for BIL came back positive for cancer of bile duct and liver.
Joanelizbay, Your recent blocks have been fantastic! Sorry about making the block for moonrise first. It's happened to me this round too. LOL.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Thank you Kwilt...I love making blocks but hate when they are done and I have to wait for the next swap! Miss the chatter on here! I got one more done for GramE. Have one more for moon but when I looked at the gallary I see that Janice has made her the exact same block I had cut out and the exact same color!! Great minds think alike. Im sure I can find another pattern to use...its the last one for this swap.
Francie, enjoy your "migration".
Originally Posted by francie yuhas
Yahoo! Not gloating...but all my blocks are in the mail to our fearless leader. I needed to get them on their way before We get ready to migrate . We have a park model in a spot for old folks outside of Palm Springs. When it starts getting gray,rainy,cold,my wings start itching.
Wonderful, exactly what TG asked for. Congrats!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Finally got the pic to load, here is your finished block TGma
Old 09-17-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
It's supposed to be a fun day, piecing and watching college football. WELL...both have been a bloodbath. Suffice it to say, I can fix the block (horrible cutting error but it would be best not to speak of it - ever) but there's nothing I can do but cringe for the rest of the football game. And let me tell you that if any one of you ever requests grey again, you are banned from this swap. Banned, I say! I've struggled with each block requiring grey. Consider yourselves forewarned.

But, but, but....we wuvs you. LOL It's not really that bad, is it?
Old 09-17-2016, 11:13 AM

How did I miss this one? Love the jellyfish, Billi!
Originally Posted by Billi

Joan here is your Jellyfish Jam[ATTACH=CONFIG]558339[/ATTACH]
Old 09-17-2016, 11:14 AM

Ladies, we shall have to back away from grey for a period of time. We must not upset our leader. (I've had a few days like that myself, Janice.)
Old 09-17-2016, 11:27 AM

I love you all, too. But, yes, it really is that bad. There are three of you on my "grey list" right now...you, QM and LJD. Each of those blocks has been a serious problem for me, so I'm blaming it on the color (rather than the far more likely problem: me!). BTW, I've not posted one of those blocks yet. There's a reason for that. And I thought Joanelizbay's, Mollymunchkin's and Moonwork's would be the real challenges! Hahahahaha.
Originally Posted by Libster
But, but, but....we wuvs you. LOL It's not really that bad, is it?
Old 09-17-2016, 12:47 PM

Janice just give them silver lol lol
Old 09-17-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
It's supposed to be a fun day, piecing and watching college football. WELL...both have been a bloodbath. Suffice it to say, I can fix the block (horrible cutting error but it would be best not to speak of it - ever) but there's nothing I can do but cringe for the rest of the football game. And let me tell you that if any one of you ever requests grey again, you are banned from this swap. Banned, I say! I've struggled with each block requiring grey. Consider yourselves forewarned.

Damn I was thinking an all grey next round hehehehehehehe maybe kidding maybe not.

I'm watching college ball today it's not very often SDSU is on TV (although it's been better since Rocky long took over) They are currently on a 12 game wining streak 10 from last year and beating Northern Illinois 28-0 in the 2nd quarter.

also Joan three very awesome blocks.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Re: our migration...I have to see the ticker doc( cardiologist) Oct 27.....we will leave sometime after that...definitely if ice is on the way. We usually come home around the first of April. We live out of town,in the sticks. It's downright dangerous to live far out when bad weather hits. There is a quilt group down south,so ,as our kids say..." We get social interaction...good for us at our age" ya know.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:01 PM

Kwiltkrazy, you are a swapper after my own heart! But then I'd have to ban myself for ignoring the color requests, although right now that feels more like a blessing than a curse. Actually, since my earlier post, I fixed QM's and I'm close on LJD's. Libster, I won't tackle yours until tomorrow but I live in hope my grey phase may be done this weekend.
Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Janice just give them silver lol lol
Old 09-17-2016, 02:04 PM

Janice, I put the gray off until last too. Not down to last yet but decided to see if what I have will work. I cut out the fussy cut cardinals but then I found out I have nothing to put it with!