Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-17-2016, 02:38 PM

HAHAHA thats funny because I was thinking the same thing about "grey"... I have different shades but it was hard to match the F8s with and I tore out more grey than any other color this swap...someone must have put a curse on GRAY..
Old 09-17-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
HAHAHA thats funny because I was thinking the same thing about "grey"... I have different shades but it was hard to match the F8s with and I tore out more grey than any other color this swap...someone must have put a curse on GRAY..
I'm pretty sure it was the gray gods annoyed with Janice when she rejected my first idea of naming one of the groups 50 shades of gray (fabric) hahhahahaha I wanted the other to be The fault in our star blocks...I don't think Janice finds my movie puns as amusing as I do .
Old 09-17-2016, 03:40 PM

My most challenging (construction issues) block this swap so far has been the pink / grey ballerina.

Billi I bet Janice's issue w/ those names has more to do w/ the length then anything else.

I too was thinking grey for next boom, grey and citrus. But I may do citrus and white so I can control the grey more closely.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:13 PM

I have made several gray baby quilts lately, gray and yellow and gray and pink. I have lots of grays to choose from and enjoyed working with them
Old 09-17-2016, 05:29 PM

Default gray. black and blue

I never realized how beautiful gray was until my nephew wanted me to make him a blue, black and gray quilt. I thought this is going to be one ugly quilt, but it wasn't, it turned out really nice.
Attached Thumbnails 3942.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, kk.... I love that color combo. That one looks like one of Bonnie Hunter's.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:03 PM

yes, I love her patterns. I have one of her more recent books, and I let all of my family(sisters, brother, sons, nephews, niece, and wives pick their patterns and color combos. Boy am I having fun, but scraps aren't going down.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:45 PM

I take a two day break and come back to 5 pgs. Lovely blocks everyone. Hugs Terriamn, I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with blocks. I started with the ballerina fabric and cut a piece wrong, so had to make a different pattern, then for some reason, the corners of the first block pull in just 1/16 of an inch, but it annoyed me enough that I made another block, so LJDugas will get both of them. Maybe she will be able to do something with it.
Here are my finishes for this week: First up: LJDugas, the wonky block, then the good one, Moonrise: Fancy Stripes from Quilter's Cache, and Libster: Wishing Ring 2 from Quilter's Cache.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4586.jpg   dscf4585.jpg   dscf4584.jpg   dscf4583.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:47 PM

Francie Yuhas, I split my time between home and Palm Springs too, except I do it 5 days a week. Maybe once you get settled in, we can meet up after I get off work one day.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:52 PM

Finally home and very glad to be here. Long story but 6 days turned into 10 real fast....delayed flights, connections not met, full planes, etc. etc....There really is a curse living in a small town and just so many flights in and out per day, glad the airport is busy but hated it when I want to be home.
Okay so much for that and trying to read 27 pages of chatter and pics from you busy ladies GramE- love the blocks for both groups, seasaw- butterfly circle is awesome, traveling grma- perfect match of fabric, joan- love the block, Kass- jealous of that epp thank you so much. Hope I didn't forget anyone.....they are all fantastic! This is an amazing Boom for sure, so looking forward to putting these blocks together and seeing the beautiful quilts that will be made.
Terriamn, words just can't express how I feel about your news. Please know I am thinking of you and yours and always hope for the best. Positive thoughts and prayers sending your way......