Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-26-2016, 06:29 AM

Nana Kathy so sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope you get back to normal soon
Old 09-26-2016, 06:34 AM

Geez, NK, so glad no one was injured and the damage wasn't more extensive. Seriously scary! Whenever you are ready, ship your blocks to me so it'll be one less thing to think about.
Originally Posted by NanaKathy55
Hi Ladies....beautiful new blocks!! I am so glad that I finished my blocks early because Tuesday night lighting hit my house and killed my sewing machine and my TV and my modem on the computers..what a pain!!! Since I can't live without a TV, replaced it right away, then the modem and looking for a new machine....
Old 09-26-2016, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the great blocks! NK: sorry to hear about the lightning issue...thank goodness you still have a house. What kind of sewing machine are you looking for?
I spent the weekend at the quilting expo in Portland. My DH took the men's quilting and beer tasting class. He was the only guy who showed up! Apparently,the other guys cancelled because they thought the class would make folks think they were gay. The teacher spent 3 hours ,one- on- one with Jim,then they had a beer break. D H had a great time. On his way home,he reports he's excited to make his first quilt! I gotta hide my batik stash!
I took a class on ruler work with domestic sewing machines....look on the Westalee site on you- tube. It's pretty fun.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:05 AM

Kathy sew sorry! No fun losing that many techno items at once. Although getting a new sewing machine might be fun! Wish you the best in your endeavor.

Lovely blocks everyone.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:58 AM

Billi - your quilt is going to be fabulous - your blocks have rocked. love them all
Terri - you hit Janice's colors perfectly.
Kathy - oh my. Never had anything hit by lighting, but normally I unplug the sewing machine each time. TV I could live without - but difficult without internet and sewing machine (which is why I have more than 1!)
Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

The blocks are all beautiful, ladies.... really love Teriamn's broken star.

NanaKathy, so sorry about the lightening strike. They tell us to unplug our sewing machines when not using them, but how many of us actually do that? Not me... Hope you get everything replaced soon. Also hope your homeowner's insurance covers those items being fried by lightening.

Francie, I think it's great that your husband went to that class! Now you'll have some serious competition for your stash. Hope you have more than one sewing machine, LOL.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:34 AM

The broken star pattern is one of those blocks that you sew together on the diagonal. Not my favorite process since I'm mathematically challenged. Instead of it being to small it was a quarter inch to big, very usual. But when you cut it to size you lose some of your points.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:38 AM

Mollymunchkins block is finished. I have my practice embroidery piece I will send with in case you can use it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 09-26-2016, 11:42 AM

Francie, congratulate your dh from me. It's great to step out of your comfort zone. My dh can sew, he majored in theater and till he went up the rungs he use to design and sew costumes. He much preferred the designing to the actual sewing. But he has his own machine and uses it to repair tents and tarps etc.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:00 PM

Billi, block is called Cown, hope there isn't to much red. I wanted to showcase the drum set and thought this block would do that

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559035[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg