Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-26-2016, 12:32 PM

Both those blocks are so pretty!! I don't see too much "red"...and I love the astronaut!! My son loves to sew. He will look at something I'm putting together and tell me what I need to change color wise!! He loved sewing when he was younger in school and I still have a bear pillow he made!
Old 09-26-2016, 02:42 PM

Terri very striking blocks, lucky recipients
Old 09-26-2016, 02:46 PM

Wonderful blocks, Terri. Love them all. The astronaut is great!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:02 PM

Terriamn, fabulous block. I love the astronaut.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Lovely blocks ladies! I have so much fun looking through the albums and seeing my blocks altogether, helps me decide what I need to make them into a quilt.
Lightening, eeks!, scarry stuff for sure! I keep all mine on a surge protector and turn that off every night. Don't know for sure if it helps but have never had high dollar stuff ruined. Just a thought............
Old 09-27-2016, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
Billi - your quilt is going to be fabulous - your blocks have rocked. love them all
Terri - you hit Janice's colors perfectly.
Kathy - oh my. Never had anything hit by lighting, but normally I unplug the sewing machine each time. TV I could live without - but difficult without internet and sewing machine (which is why I have more than 1!)
TG I am so excited to put this quilt together everyone has done an amazing job with my fabric.

Originally Posted by NanaKathy55
Hi Ladies....beautiful new blocks!! I am so glad that I finished my blocks early because Tuesday night lighting hit my house and killed my sewing machine and my TV and my modem on the computers..what a pain!!! Since I can't live without a TV, replaced it right away, then the modem and looking for a new machine....
NK Holy crap I don't like the idea of lightning striking It sounds to me like you are lucky thats all you lost. enjoy your serch for a new machine.

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
Thanks for the great blocks! NK: sorry to hear about the lightning issue...thank goodness you still have a house. What kind of sewing machine are you looking for?
I spent the weekend at the quilting expo in Portland. My DH took the men's quilting and beer tasting class. He was the only guy who showed up! Apparently,the other guys cancelled because they thought the class would make folks think they were gay. The teacher spent 3 hours ,one- on- one with Jim,then they had a beer break. D H had a great time. On his way home,he reports he's excited to make his first quilt! I gotta hide my batik stash!
I took a class on ruler work with domestic sewing machines....look on the Westalee site on you- tube. It's pretty fun.
Francie, thats awesome your dh took a quilt class good for him. Now go hide your favorite fabrics before he plays with them before you do hahahaha

Originally Posted by terriamn
Billi, block is called Cown, hope there isn't to much red. I wanted to showcase the drum set and thought this block would do that

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559035[/ATTACH]
Terri it's perfect I love it thank you very much. I love that you chose to hi-light the drums. Also your astronaut is flipping adorable too. both awesome blocks lady.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM

Grrr, I am so frustrated! Today I discovered that the measurements on my mat are not the same as my ruler. I always cut with the rulers, but use the mat to make sure my blocks are coming out at 12.5 inches. Looks like I am going to have to rip and restitch some of the blocks I made because they are too small. I hope the blocks I sent out in the last boom were not too small to be used. This "redoing" was not included on my timeline!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:08 PM

I was just looking at my design wall and realized I'm on a bit of a appliqué binge I didn't plan it that way but sometimes thats all the fabric is telling me to do.

so here are 2 more blocks moonrise and bibliostone kass this is my version of curved seams hahahaha [ATTACH=CONFIG]559085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559086[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails moonrise-xerox-copy-.jpg   biblistone-baby-its-cold-outside-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 01:54 PM

Those are some pretty curves Billi, I especially love what you did w/ Biblio's snowflake fabric.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:47 PM

Billi, you did good. I love both of your applique blocks, especially the snowflake one.