Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-10-2016, 02:31 AM

Muse, very pretty block, braid is perfect to show off the colors and fabric

GramE your tree is great and love the little squirrel peaking out.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:25 AM

Awesome ballet block, and that tree is super cool. Thanks for saying it was a squirrel, I couldn't see what it was but knew something was in the tree.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:21 AM

GramE - what can I say but awesome!. I had to enlarge and look at all the wonderful detail that you added - and it is absolutely amazing. You always come up with great blocks - but this is my favorite. And then I saw those eyes peeking out of the branch and the rope on the tire - and I just can't wait to see it in person.
I will pray for your grandson. Have a tough-love son and it isn't easy. So glad he was accepted and is working the boot camp - that is one huge hurdle.

one amazing thing about this group (other than we are all amazing) is we can talk about weddings, naked chicken clothes, dogs pooping, family issues - anything. Thank you all.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:30 AM

My mind is always going - and not necessarily where I want it to go. As I am cleaning up and sorting out before we move, I look at my stash and consider Boom18! (and what I am lacking in colors so I can replenish on cyber Monday!!) Anyway I saw this quilt. I have a jelly roll of solid colors of the rainbow that I could use to sash each block. If I sent out a scrap of the sash along with a F8 of that colored material and requested that the block reads that's color. what do you think??
Attached Thumbnails idea.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
My mind is always going - and not necessarily where I want it to go. As I am cleaning up and sorting out before we move, I look at my stash and consider Boom18! (and what I am lacking in colors so I can replenish on cyber Monday!!) Anyway I saw this quilt. I have a jelly roll of solid colors of the rainbow that I could use to sash each block. If I sent out a scrap of the sash along with a F8 of that colored material and requested that the block reads that's color. what do you think??
Sounds like a cool idea to me... a rainbow boom!
Old 10-10-2016, 05:24 AM

Oooohhhh, I love rainbow quilts. That would be awesome.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin
Four more finished. Ibex 94: Greek Cross; Janice: Another Star; GramE: Jacob's Ladder; and Kass: I called this one " Jacob's Chain"
Molly those are beautiful. great job on all of them.

Originally Posted by terriamn
MollyM all 4 block are very pretty. Love how Kass's blocks look 3 D.

sister's train finaly arrived home 9.5 hours late. Greeted them both chatted a few minutes and out the door for my 4 hour drive home. Home sweet home, boy am I happy to be here.

This morning dh and I drove downtown to the big farmers market, love going there. Then we had a great brunch and now to watch football and sew. Perfect fall day.
Farmers market football and quilting at home what a perfect Sunday.

Originally Posted by jaba
Glad Oregon is safe for you! our new house in Florida is high and dry also...so happy. Leaving this next week to become a snowbird, I can hardly wait. New adventure for hubby and me and we are looking forward to it. Nice cleaning out this house...the garbage, donate or take with us and buying and furnishing a new one. Some new and some old to remind us where it comes from
Almost done now Jaba what an awesome adventure for you I hope you share some pictures with us.

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew
Billi I love your snowflakes ! They're gorgeous!

Molly wonderful blocks!

Here is my block for Linda. I love how it turned out. Grey's, Pinks, & white are so pretty together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560016[/ATTACH]
Beautiful braid muse it's perfect for that fabric

Originally Posted by GramE
Been confined a lot lately, need something to keep me busy when I can't get to the sewing machine. The 2 men in the next to the last were my son & grandson. My oldest grandson went from civilian to Coast Guard boot camp. Anxiety level around here creeping up. Then we heard from him, a statement he read over the phone saying they were feeding him & would be fine & now it will be 5 weeks before we hear again. The beautiful young lady is my granddaughter who turned 17 on Friday. This is a charm pack quilt made with the 10 minute block (hahahaha, ten minutes to read & understand and reread over a couple of times.) I made & gave to a young lady just turned 16 (not related) who is in a difficult situation at home. Talked to her this week, but might be a long while before I do again. Didn't start out to be so pink but charm packs only go so far! but ended up really pink. I kinda use them as reminders.

One of my dogs won't even go out in the rain. It gets in her eyes and she makes the funniest faces squinting. I crack up laughing, which now that I think, maybe she doesn't like me laughing at her!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560017[/ATTACH]
Since I'm chatting with you, here's your block I'm working on appliquéing. Hope it isn't too much tree. Looks just like the one in my backyard, swing & all.

Columbus Day is the least favorite of "postal holidays" for Mail carriers. Mail is still moving so when they get back to work on Tues, there is Monday's mail & Tuesday's mail.
Gram awesome tree I love it.

GramE - what can I say but awesome!. I had to enlarge and look at all the wonderful detail that you added - and it is absolutely amazing. You always come up with great blocks - but this is my favorite. And then I saw those eyes peeking out of the branch and the rope on the tire - and I just can't wait to see it in person.
I will pray for your grandson. Have a tough-love son and it isn't easy. So glad he was accepted and is working the boot camp - that is one huge hurdle.

one amazing thing about this group (other than we are all amazing) is we can talk about weddings, naked chicken clothes, dogs pooping, family issues - anything. Thank you all.
Speaking of naked chickens I found this and though of kass http://www.hencam.co.uk/hencam_forum...scussionID=414
Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 AM

I think a rainbow sampler is a cool idea
Old 10-10-2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
Molly those are beautiful. great job on all of them.

Farmers market football and quilting at home what a perfect Sunday.

Almost done now Jaba what an awesome adventure for you I hope you share some pictures with us.

Beautiful braid muse it's perfect for that fabric

Gram awesome tree I love it.

Speaking of naked chickens I found this and though of kass http://www.hencam.co.uk/hencam_forum...scussionID=414

That link is blocked. But it could be the computer, I'm at work they block lots of stuff here.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
That link is blocked. But it could be the computer, I'm at work they block lots of stuff here.
I just retried it I think it's your work computer

ok I'm getting closer this ons is for quiltermomma [ATTACH=CONFIG]560045[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quiltermomma-20-patch.jpg