Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Nice blocks, Molly... you are on a roll!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:36 PM

Molly--beautiful blocks. Watch out for the Phantom of the ironing board, Halloween is getting close.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:45 PM

Pretty blocks, Molly. Maybe your camera is kin to mine, although mine tends to change grays to blues. No idea why that happens.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:58 AM

MollyM, thanks for the great block. It's been fun watching the colors everyone chose to go with my fabric
Old 10-11-2016, 05:10 AM

Great blocks Molly!!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Bibil...I know you have posted before but what is the name of that block? I LOVE it! Enjoy the wedding pictures. Unfortunately I got married at 16 with no pictures...only lasted 3-4 years...then again at 32. Didnt keep any pictures of that one either..I guess Im meant to be alone with my grandkids!
I also love this block and I know Bibliostone knows it by 19 windows but I just wanted to share what I found today while was perusing pintrest,

A barn quilt of this block http://www.greencountybarnquilts.com...=locations.mdl

they called it peaceful hours so I did some googling and found this
http://coleensspace.blogspot.com/201...ilt-block.html

and that apparently it's a block in the farmers wife quilt too
http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/...wife-week.html

Who knew? anyway just wanted to share what I accidentally found this morning.

Last edited by Billi; 10-11-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 10-11-2016, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
Terri that gold is so vibrant I love how it shows off the fishies

Way back when we all registered for boom 17 and Seasaw commented that she sent 20 blocks I told Janice if she did instead of sending it back to her to send it to me so I could make 2 blocks for her. Thank You Janice

Anyway after all that I had nothing in my stash that I liked with her leaves so Saturday I visited my LQS and their fat quarter section. At this point I may have went off the reservation but.......the 3rd piece I picked up was those words and I immediately knew what I wanted to make, the green purple was easy to find to pull it all together and I was dying to do it. I kept trying to talk myself out of it I spent another 45 minutes in the store looking for something else that talked to me, and nothing. Ok who am I kidding I was in a fabric store lots of stuff was talking to me but nothing else said I want to be part of Sea's quilt. So Sea I do hope you are able to use this and I wasn't duped by some sweet talking fabric.

Morning star [ATTACH=CONFIG]560066[/ATTACH] also this is not a great color representation the close up of the word square is a little better [ATTACH=CONFIG]560067[/ATTACH]
I am looking for words and thinking I am going nuts - but the longer I stared it was becoming clearer!! Love it!!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:24 AM

Molly - the colors are going to play with the others - thanks for the block

Billi - Peaceful hours - the one pattern made me think it came about when someone made a block too large and had to cut it back! Thank you for the pattern. the farmers peaceful isn't quite the same but close. will look for pattern for it.

Muse - I haven't tried chenille strips but when I saw this I thought of your
ballet quilt cause it was same colors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElIbSjMlVLY
I think I may try this on next baby quilt - anyone else done it?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM

TG , glad I wasn't the only one who had trouble finding the words at first. Checked out he link you sent and I would be great on a baby quilt. Don't think I have ever seen it before

Billi thanks for the link you listed, had fun checking them out instead of doing what I should be doing
Old 10-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin
Thank you for the kind words about my other blocks. I can't take all the credit, because as more than one of you have commented, the fabric often tells us what to do. I just listen. (sometimes) So here are three more tonight, just three more to go. Terriamn: Austin; Joan: Hole in the Barn door, except I made the focus fabric stripe bigger than the green one, which is opposite of the real block; and Traveling gramma: Road to Oklahoma. I took all three pictures at the same time in the same place with the same camera. Why, in the second one, my ironing pad looks pink, I have no idea. Weirder still is that the block doesn't seem to be off color....
Beautiful Molly that pink ironing board cover is odd though....sometimes no matter what I try the colors are just off and sometimes they are perfect and I have zero idea why.