Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 AM

Latest projects, Cardinal is my first felt ornament. Have about 15 of the free standing lace ornaments made. They take forever to stitch out. Mug rugs - Autumn splendor on right and Winter wonderland on left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561536[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 11-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I love the clam shells! So beautiful...

Pretty projects, Terri. Love the cardinal ornament.

Sorry for all the doggies with cancer. Makes me glad my pup is only 2 so I don't have to worry about his health for quite a while... I hope! My daughter's kitty is the same age and they just spent $7000 on surgeries for her. She either fell or more likely was hit by a car. Pelvis broken in 4 places and her abdominal wall badly torn. The things we do for our furry babies.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:28 PM

Love the cardinal, Terriamn! My all time favorite bird. When I was a little girl, I used to love seeing them standing in the snow, trying to find the seed that fell from the feeders. How they stood out against the gloom of a grey winter's day. Great work on the ornaments and the mug rugs, too. TFS!
Originally Posted by terriamn
Latest projects, Cardinal is my first felt ornament. Have about 15 of the free standing lace ornaments made. They take forever to stitch out. Mug rugs - Autumn splendor on right and Winter wonderland on left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561536[/ATTACH]
New England vs. Manhattan? NE is my clear choice!

Sorry to hear about our various pet illnesses. They sure can break our hearts at times.

Anybody besides me who rooted for the Cubs? I mostly cheered them on to break their 108 year streak. No team should have to wait that long!

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-03-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Love the cardinal, Terriamn! My all time favorite bird. When I was a little girl, I used to love seeing them standing in the snow, trying to find the seed that fell from the feeders. How they stood out against the gloom of a grey winter's day. Great work on the ornaments and the mug rugs, too. TFS

Anybody besides me who rooted for the Cubs? I mostly cheered them on to break their 108 year streak. No team should have to wait that long!
Best game ever. Glad it went 10 innings so I could get the clamshells done & people who spent thousands of dollars on tickets got their money's worth!

Love the ornaments & mugrugs, Terri. That's next on my list. I love Cardinal.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Thanks on the projects, unfinished one more Cardinal ornament and have one more embroidered but not sure how I will make into an ornament I think it is the prettiest of them all.

it was a fabulous series between the Cubs and Indians. I am never a Chicago fan but after not winning for 108 years you had to cheer them on. It was a real nail biter but a fabulous ending
Old 11-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Nice projects Terri.

To many furbabies are sick!!!

I don't "follow" any ball games, but am glad they broke the losing streak.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 PM

Glad I got my blocks done already...eye surgery went really well but hard to get use to the blurryness of my right eye. Hopefully tomorrow he will tell me I can drive again and when he will do the left eye! I miss sewing but dont trust the eye to sew a straight line! GO CUBS!!! They deserved it after so many years! Beautiful blocks...WOW on that clamshell!!
Old 11-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Great news on your eyes. Are they going yo do the second eye in a few weeks?
Old 11-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Great that one eye surgery is over, Joan. Hope your vision clears up soon. I'm sure it will!
Old 11-03-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Great news on your eyes. Are they going yo do the second eye in a few weeks?
i didn't have the second eye done. It isn't changing at all. The meds I take were somehow affecting my right cataract & causing it to grow very fast! Glad you are done with the first one, Joan. Took mine about 5-7 days to clear up totally. I'm a slow healer.