Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 PM

fabulous news Joan, on to bigger and better things(quilts) lol
Old 11-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

I've been playing with my Opal blocks tonight. I've totally changed my plan to make two lap throws to donate out of them. I'm in love and want to keep them all in one big friendship quilt! I needed 3 more to do my layout, so tonight I made one more for myself. I think I've found my favorite block! It's the Folded Corners block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561563[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02970-small-.jpg  
Old 11-03-2016, 10:06 PM

That's really pretty, the colors are great together.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:51 AM

Glad you're getting those peepers ready now, Joan. You know we've got another Boom tentatively lined up for maybe January. By then, you should be 100%. Happy for you that this first one went well.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:08 AM

Hope to have the other one done soon. Its a tad distracting to see good with glasses out of left eye but not so good with the right eye..Slept like a baby, even with eye patch on. Off to do the followup this morning. Thanks for all the support!!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:49 AM

Nice projects Terri I love the snow flake.

Sewbiz: great block I cracked up at your decision to keep it I was going to give my first one away to hahahaha nope it's still in a project box but it's not going anywhere. the only boom I finished was 14 it's on my bed and I love it. I'll finish this one too and it is a gift but I think it will be hard to part with it even though everything about it has been with him in mind. The fabric the colors even the layout all with him in mind and I still want to keep it hahahahaha.

Joan: I'm glad your surgeries on your eyes have gone well and I hope you and your new vision adjust to each other soon.

GramE: Love the clam shells you did beautiful work on them. I want a bowl of chowder too, we are a family divided so last time I made it I made a pot of each both really good. We all decided it was best to use a wide bowl and put a scoop of each side by side to mix together by the spoon full. It was AMAZING!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I've been playing with my Opal blocks tonight. I've totally changed my plan to make two lap throws to donate out of them. I'm in love and want to keep them all in one big friendship quilt! I needed 3 more to do my layout, so tonight I made one more for myself. I think I've found my favorite block! It's the Folded Corners block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561563[/ATTACH]
Very nice, I really like that block too. I made several on the last boom. I wouldn't be able to donate my boom blocks either. The closest I got was making quilts for the nieces and nephews and I have one more of those to make w/ the butterfly / flower blocks and the flower / stripe blocks.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Yeah, it's easy to get attached to your boom blocks!

Never thought of combining the two clam chowders... hmmm.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:21 AM

"GramE: Love the clam shells you did beautiful work on them. I want a bowl of chowder too, we are a family divided so last time I made it I made a pot of each both really good. We all decided it was best to use a wide bowl and put a scoop of each side by side to mix together by the spoon full. It was AMAZING!"

Billi, living here in the landlocked Midwest, we don't see many clams unless eating out but yours sounds great!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:21 AM

Clam chowder is my favorite, both kinds, when it gets cold weather out. The only kind I really don't care for was on Hatteras Island. It was a broth base without the cream base or tomatoes. Not my favorite. I'm thinking seriously about the scoops of different kinds on each side of the bowl. Making me hungry. Anybody tried the clam chowder at Golden Corral? To die for!