Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-05-2016, 02:20 AM

Seasaw glad you got your computer set up better for you to use. Sorry you are having to spend so much time in bed, a healing body needs rest though.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:12 AM

GramE, I'm still making blocks, too. Today I hope to finish up mollymunchkin's then I'll have just moonworks to do. I like your space block and Bibliostone's as well
Originally Posted by GramE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561606[/ATTACH]
For Molly. I was hoping it would look like space dust, space matter or a forming star. DH said, none of the above but it looks ok. 

Am I the only one left making blocks? I'm so far behind it isn't funny. It'll catch up someday! I hope.

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-05-2016 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 AM

Good morning, Seasaw! Good to see you on the board this morning. Happy news that you have a new and easier computer set up.

Some of us are still plugging away at the blocks but we're getting close now.

Go easy on yourself so you don't set your progress back. You can always find us here.
Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
Hi Ladies, sorry I haven't been around in a while but a lot of things have been going on here. I finally was able to swap my new computer with my daughter's lap top so I can have this closer to my bed and can try to get in here a little more often.

I've been looking at the website that Janice has all the blocks on and you ladies have out done yourselves. What a great bunch of blocks!!!!! Thank you so much for all the ones you have made for me, can hardly wait to get them in my hands so I can play with them.

I'm still working on being able to sit up and walk again but I'm hoping to be doing that soon. These past 3 days look promising that I will be able to do that but I'm taking it slow this time because laying in bed sucks. sorry no other word fits.

I also read in some of the news letters that I get from here that some of you are having difficult times of your own and some have had losses. I will keep you all in my prayers with the hopes of better understanding of what God has in store for us all. I think the only thing that keeps me going, is knowing that our loses, are His gains. So I try my hardest to imagine my lost loved ones standing by His side and that helps me to keep going and not lose hope.

Time to go but I will try to come in as much as I can. Keep up the great work on the blocks!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:16 AM

Hi Sea good keep taking care of yourself lady we love to see you here but don't over do it slow and easy is always a good idea. we are always here for you

GrammE great blocks I love that one where did you find it?

Kass "We are a house divided too, but in a good way. Gary won't eat any seafood at all so I get it the way I want it, AND I get it all!!!! lol"

That may be the best divide ever.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:17 AM

Seasaw, I know exactly how nice it is to be able to have a computer bedside. I am often bed bound with my CRPS and having a "window on the world" is some of my best medicine. Chatting with friends, seeing new quilts, and the progress made on everyone's blocks is an upper for me. I've been praying for your strength, don't try to do too much too soon. Been there, done that. Setbacks suck too! Take it slow & enjoy watching us work. My grandson will be graduating from Coast Guard recruit training the day after Thanksgiving. But I will be able to watch from my recliner on the laptop and in a practice run yesterday, I think I had a better seat than those there! They got hugs, but I'll get to give him one soon enough. Modern technology is great! ❤️

Last edited by GramE; 11-05-2016 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Editing silly!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
Hi Sea good keep taking care of yourself lady we love to see you here but don't over do it slow and easy is always a good idea. we are always here for you

GrammE great blocks I love that one where did you find it?

Kass "We are a house divided too, but in a good way. Gary won't eat any seafood at all so I get it the way I want it, AND I get it all!!!! lol"

That may be the best divide ever.
Billi, I make most of it up as I go along! As for where did I find it, in the dark nether regions of that black hole otherwise known as my brain.

Last edited by GramE; 11-05-2016 at 05:24 AM. Reason: My funny faces didn't show up!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin
GramE, I love it!
Glad you approve. I wanted something spacey but just couldn't figure it out so combined space & quilty. I had some of my own space fabric leftover from pillowcases for 12 grands! Wanted to use the large scenes/planets.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:46 AM

Sea saw I am also sending a prayer for strength for you. So glad you have the lap top so you can enjoy the outside world. Just take your own advice and move slowly.

Last night I went to my first ever rock band concert. It was a Christian Rock band but it was still very loud and rowdy. Took my 13 grand daughter and we rocked the night away. Think my ears are still ringing. Hubby asked if I could smell pot being smoked, when I said no he said then it couldn't be counted as a rock concert.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Last night I went to my first ever rock band concert. It was a Christian Rock band but it was still very loud and rowdy. Took my 13 grand daughter and we rocked the night away. Think my ears are still ringing. Hubby asked if I could smell pot being smoked, when I said no he said then it couldn't be counted as a rock concert.
I have to ask grands to "drop it a click or two" when they all have devices on here. Pretty sure I wouldn't have the tolerance for a concert. Bonus Grandma points to you! ❤️
Old 11-05-2016, 08:27 AM

gramE the funny thing is I asked her to go to the concert with me. I thought it would be a great experience for both of us and it was.