Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty blocks, Ibex! Slowly but surely you are knocking them out.

I thought I'd show you all the kid's quilt top I just put together. Inspired by all of your Boom blocks, I made some for children, for a sampler. My board friend Givio made a couple of the blocks for me. Put your sunglasses on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562057[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03058-small-.jpg  
Old 11-11-2016, 04:42 PM

Ibex, great blocks, hope you get time to catch your breath soon. Sewbiz, love the bright and happy quilt
Old 11-11-2016, 04:47 PM

Ibex great blocks, sorry you have been so busy at work. Don't miss that stress at all.

Libster a shrimp boil, what a fabulous treat. We will use the good China only because my set is only for 8 and there will be 7 of us so we can actually take them out of the cabinet and use them.

sewbiz great quilt, love the fun bright colors
Old 11-11-2016, 05:31 PM

Love all the blocks, Ibex. Sewbiz, love the bright quilt, 'specially the middle row, second block from right.
Terri, the shrimp boil is my son-in-law's specialty. Loads of shrimp, corn on the cob, potatoes and sausage links, seasoned to perfection. It's a Low Country thing. Yummy! He calls it his "dish".
Old 11-11-2016, 07:54 PM

We are down in the Palm Springs area,in the park model we got last spring. We got here OK,but the first day was a " challenge"(code for real problem). I set some bread dough....ran out of propane....DH fixed it. The AC died..had to be replaced..it was 92 degrees. I ran my forehead into a sharp metal edge of an awning....not wanting to bother going to ER...stopped the blood and hunted up some super glue and generous bandages. While that happened,the cat got out...scouted all over neighborhoods calling " here kitty"...just like the other old ladies do around here. Gave up,came home....the cat was at the front door ...ticked off cause he couldn't get back in. On that note....I gave up and just spent day quilting. We'll go to the main hall for turkey day...pot luck...I'm taking fresh rolls. I think things are settling down,finally!
Old 11-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
We are down in the Palm Springs area,in the park model we got last spring. We got here OK,but the first day was a " challenge"(code for real problem). I set some bread dough....ran out of propane....DH fixed it. The AC died..had to be replaced..it was 92 degrees. I ran my forehead into a sharp metal edge of an awning....not wanting to bother going to ER...stopped the blood and hunted up some super glue and generous bandages. While that happened,the cat got out...scouted all over neighborhoods calling " here kitty"...just like the other old ladies do around here. Gave up,came home....the cat was at the front door ...ticked off cause he couldn't get back in. On that note....I gave up and just spent day quilting. We'll go to the main hall for turkey day...pot luck...I'm taking fresh rolls. I think things are settling down,finally!
Sounds like you EARNED your quilting!!!! Glad your kitty was safe, and you were able to fix your head, man this week has been a week for head injuries.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Blocks are packaged and wil be mailed Monday. Thanksgiving will include DH's dad, step-mom, 102 y/o grandmother, and a couple of friends. We have a newly remodeled kitchen in our new house that is ready to cook!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:04 AM

Oh, good heavens, what a day! And as my smart alec (sp?) husband would say, a day like that would make you feel alive! At least it's over and you can settle down now and enjoy your time there.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas
Old 11-12-2016, 05:06 AM

102? The things she has seen in her lifetime! I bet you'll enjoy your new kitchen. .

Ill L be looking for your blocks soon then.
Originally Posted by mollymunchkin
Blocks are packaged and wil be mailed Monday. Thanksgiving will include DH's dad, step-mom, 102 y/o grandmother, and a couple of friends. We have a newly remodeled kitchen in our new house that is ready to cook!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:53 AM

OH my Francie, bet you were fit to be tied. Hope everything runs smoothly from now on.

MM enjoy cooking in your new kitchen.

Leaving in a few hours to drive to my sister's, very concerned about stress driving will put on my arms. Will play it by ear or should I say I'll play it by arm