Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-27-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Just a little note to let you know ALL packages are now in. Woo hoo, Topaznians! My goal is to mail them on schedule on Tuesday. Way to go, everyone! Way. To. Go.
Hooray! Thank you for being so organized and getting everything out so quickly! Well Done!
Old 11-27-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
This post is all about bragging!!!! I finished the binding on the BH mystery quilt from last year and this is the first time all my mitered corners turned out perfectly on one quilt! I read an article that said to fold the corners so the machine foot was pushing them together as you sewed up to it and this is the results!!!!
so neat!!! wtg Kass!
Old 11-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Your binding and corners look great, Kass. Brag away...
Old 11-27-2016, 07:07 PM

I looked at the Bonnie Hunter last year but my lack of courage to step out & trust her plan & my color choices put the cabash on joining in. But I think I might try this year. Not a scrappy one, my ADD brain doesn't recognize scrappy as an option. And I'm only going in for a half but it will be nice to know I have a seasoned veteran who has completed one to call on if I need help. Wish I had stepped out last year!

Beautiful quilt, Kass, borders, binding, quilting & all!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE
I looked at the Bonnie Hunter last year but my lack of courage to step out & trust her plan & my color choices put the cabash on joining in. But I think I might try this year. Not a scrappy one, my ADD brain doesn't recognize scrappy as an option. And I'm only going in for a half but it will be nice to know I have a seasoned veteran who has completed one to call on if I need help. Wish I had stepped out last year!

Beautiful quilt, Kass, borders, binding, quilting & all!
GramE, glad you are joining in for the mystery quilt! This will be my third one. You can still make last year's quilt, Allietare, you just have to purchase the pattern at this point. It only remains free for a short time after the QAL is finished, then she pulls it down and offers it for sale. I think the pattern is available for sale from her blog.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
GramE, glad you are joining in for the mystery quilt! This will be my third one. You can still make last year's quilt, Allietare, you just have to purchase the pattern at this point. It only remains free for a short time after the QAL is finished, then she pulls it down and offers it for sale. I think the pattern is available for sale from her blog.
i'll have to check that out! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-28-2016, 01:25 PM

Default What a fine day!

Here's a sneak peek. I'm breaking my rule about 200kb pic files just this once, and you all know how I'm a rules gal, born and bred. But this is so darn pretty, to my eyes at least, that I wanted it to be clearer than usual. Look at all those beautiful blocks!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562895[/ATTACH]

To say that this round was easy would be an understatement. You all did a great job. Sizing was the best yet, seam width has improved, color requests were generally on target. Wow! I'm so proud of you all. I'm fairly going to burst at the seams. Thank you, Topaznians!

All that's left is for me to pet the pretties one more time as I stuff your various bags and boxes and ship tomorrow. Pick up is normally in early afternoon but with the holidays, who knows? You'll get your tracking number either later tonight or first thing on the morning directly from USPS.

And thank you all for my blocks. I haven't opened them up yet - I never do until yours go out - but the pix were beautiful. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Those should be some amazing quilts one of these days!
Old 11-28-2016, 01:37 PM

Wow Janice look at all those beautiful blocks and how organized you have it.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:27 PM

That's me, the mistress of organization, or rather hog-tied by it.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Wow Janice look at all those beautiful blocks and how organized you have it.