Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 12-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

I love the naked chickens! I've never been able to see chicken's ears before, because of the feathers covering them. They are quite large! Love the pants on the the one bird, and the sweaters are too cute. Did you knit them, Kass?

I would think a naked chicken would be really warm to hold and cuddle. All that skin...

I'm tickled at how much you all are loving your blocks. They are always so much prettier in person than in our photos, aren't they? Can't wait to see the quilts you are going to roll out.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I love the naked chickens! I've never been able to see chicken's ears before, because of the feathers covering them. They are quite large! Love the pants on the the one bird, and the sweaters are too cute. Did you knit them, Kass?

I would think a naked chicken would be really warm to hold and cuddle. All that skin...

I'm tickled at how much you all are loving your blocks. They are always so much prettier in person than in our photos, aren't they? Can't wait to see the quilts you are going to roll out.
I do not knit them I repurpose human sweaters for them. They are warm and soft to hold. Mine are not indoor pets, but I think they would make good indoor pets (w/ diapers of course)
Old 12-01-2016, 04:13 PM

Kass, love the pics of your chickens. Made me smile

Thanks ladies, appreciate all your good thoughts
Old 12-01-2016, 05:02 PM

Mine came today also! Haven't got a chance to open the presents yet but that will be tomorrow's surprise. Thank you ladies so much, I'm sure that they will make an awesome quilt. Will post pic of all the blocks when I get them organized. Kudos Janice, another great Boom....thank you for all your work, i know it takes lots of hours of your time, it's much appreciated!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:50 PM

My tracking shows my squishy not getting here till Saturday. weird how the USPS delivers...Oregon got theres and Okla but Not Missouri. LOL...Sometimes it takes my brothers mail from Florida a week to get here but I can send him something and he gets it in 2 days...or vise virsa.. Cant wait for mine!!
Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
My tracking shows my squishy not getting here till Saturday. weird how the USPS delivers...Oregon got theres and Okla but Not Missouri. LOL...Sometimes it takes my brothers mail from Florida a week to get here but I can send him something and he gets it in 2 days...or vise virsa.. Cant wait for mine!!
All those fish... swimming your way!
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 PM

I'm usually one of the first to get mine, but not this time. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Libster
I'm usually one of the first to get mine, but not this time. Maybe tomorrow.
Some of you with pkgs south of the Mason/Dixon line might be affected by weather. They had a lot of tornadoes in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina yesterday.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:42 PM

A difficult day, then BOOM! It ends on a very high note!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563017[/ATTACH]
Not a great pic, but it is on the wall & I can spend the coming day & probably weeks looking at this beautiful gift! Thank you all so much. A rough patch in life can be made smoother by nineteen friends who send you wonderful amazing gifts! I want them all to be the centerpiece. A rejected fabric on the bolt marked down rack has turned into a beautiful comforter!

Merry Christmas to all of you. ❤️
Attached Thumbnails img_1870.jpg  
Old 12-01-2016, 08:01 PM

Thank you Janice for all your hard work. This could not happen without you. You are the bestest! ❤️