Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 12-03-2016, 09:32 AM

How can I not smile with you fun and wise ladies surrounding me
Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM

My design wall is my floor. I keep thinking it's time to get a design wall and yet I never do. Can anyone spell frugal? (Yes. C H E A P)

Originally Posted by terriamn
Billi and Janice love your blocks all together. You all must have much bigger design walls then me. Maybe I could do it in two shots.
f

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-03-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:45 AM

Ummm, Billi, we seem to have the same problem, only yours is bigger! I look forward to seeing your solution. Beautiful blocks though.

Originally Posted by Billi
I took a few minutes and tossed all my blocks on my design wall.

Holy busy batman not going to lie it's much busier than I was anticipating......But I love them my original plan I was not going to sash them well thats no longer an option I need to calm them down, I'm thinking black. I also have a center medallion I made that these will surround I'm going to have to adjust so I sash theses.

Once again thank you all for the really wonderful blocks [ATTACH=CONFIG]563079[/ATTACH]
Old 12-03-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
My design wall is my floor. I keep thinking it's time to get a design wall and yet I never do. Can anyone spell frugal? (Yes. C H E A P)

f
I have the ultimate frugal story. My Gma grew up extremely poor, at 15 had a baby and was on her own w/ him (husband left) so had frugal carved into her psyche at a very early age. Now flash forward to her late 40's w/ a comfortable income. She bought a bottle of shampoo at the dollar store, didn't pay more then 1 dollar for it, it was apple scented and DARK green. My Gma (and my father and me) greyed very early in life so at this point she is nearly completely white headed. This dark green shampoo is tinting her hair green. Everyone is telling her her hair is green she is refusing to acknowledge the green hair b/c she would have to throw out the $1 bottle of shampoo .......... it takes her nearly a year to use the bottle only after she had used the last drop did she finally admit ............. "it may have had green highlights"!!!!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:06 AM

So the moral of that story is you may be cheap, but your not wear green hair for a year to save a dollar cheap!!!!!! lol lol lol
Old 12-03-2016, 10:49 AM

Kassaundra, thank you for my first belly laugh of the weekend! Too funny!!! That really IS cheap!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I have the ultimate frugal story. My Gma grew up extremely poor, at 15 had a baby and was on her own w/ him (husband left) so had frugal carved into her psyche at a very early age. Now flash forward to her late 40's w/ a comfortable income. She bought a bottle of shampoo at the dollar store, didn't pay more then 1 dollar for it, it was apple scented and DARK green. My Gma (and my father and me) greyed very early in life so at this point she is nearly completely white headed. This dark green shampoo is tinting her hair green. Everyone is telling her her hair is green she is refusing to acknowledge the green hair b/c she would have to throw out the $1 bottle of shampoo .......... it takes her nearly a year to use the bottle only after she had used the last drop did she finally admit ............. "it may have had green highlights"!!!!
Old 12-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

LOL, Kassandra! Your Gma must have been a character.

My design wall is a guest bed or the floor. I want to hang a piece of flannel on the wall to stick blocks to. How is it done? Can you wrap flannel around some insulation board or something? And where would I get super wide flannel?
Old 12-03-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Kassaundra, thank you for my first belly laugh of the weekend! Too funny!!! That really IS cheap!
My design wall is a tacked up flannel backed super sized plastic table cloth from the DOLLAR store. I can take it down if need be but haven't found anyone who is bothered by its being there! Those who go in to play on the computer are not interested in my wall designs!

i love this place!

ps after I posted this I realized I have two design walls! Do I need to feel guilty for that?
Old 12-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
LOL, Kassandra! Your Gma must have been a character.

My design wall is a guest bed or the floor. I want to hang a piece of flannel on the wall to stick blocks to. How is it done? Can you wrap flannel around some insulation board or something? And where would I get super wide flannel?
She was a force of nature, and I miss her every day. Look forward to seeing her again one day.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
She was a force of nature, and I miss her every day. Look forward to seeing her again one day.
A glorious day to look fwd to! My granddaughter, years ago, said if she got to go to heaven before me, she would save me a seat on the couch next to Jesus. She must have been 4 or 5 and she wanted my assurance that I would save her a seat! I bet your G'ma is saving you a seat, Kass! ❤️