Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 12-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Blocks are laid out in front of Christmas tree, think I will leave them there till hubby gets home. No not so he can enjoy them but because it's the one room he has a fit about if I mess up with my quilting. Bet you didn't know I could be an instigator.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563221[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:02 PM

Haha! My DH will ask me why I did this or why didn't I do that, my first response is always, "how else was I gonna irritate you!". Sometimes I actually think he believes me. ❤️ Beautiful tree.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:44 PM

I totally understand terriamn, sometimes it's just fun. I tell hubby that I'm just trying to put a little spark in....he just laughs Love your blocks all together, they look great.
Made a few more blocks, came up with this and now thinking about a final border. Had enough fabric with what was sent back to me, thank you ladies! [ATTACH=CONFIG]563222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563223[/ATTACH]Colors are off, the sashing is a blended olive green and used the focus fabric for the setting squares.
Attached Thumbnails dscf3304.jpg   dscf3303.jpg  

Last edited by jaba; 12-05-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful blocks, Terri... they go with your rug. And what a pretty Christmas tree. I love to get to see other people's trees. This is the first year since being married (31 yrs ago) that we are not putting up a tree. We are leaving on the 20th for a trip with all of our kids, so there didn't seem to be any point to decorating. Hubby didn't care so I didn't bother.

And speaking of hubbys... The other night after I had been enjoying quilting most of the day he said to me, "I don't know how you can do that all day, every day." Like I was obsessed. First of all, I do NOT sew all day every day. Most days, yes, but never all day. A few hours here and a few there... His comment was so negative that I just couldn't shake it off. What does he care? Funny but I didn't feel like sewing for a day or two after that. It just knocked the wind out of my sails. I just don't get why he needed to make that comment about something I was happy doing. I've been sewing for decades! What do you do when someone you love disparages how you choose to spend your time?
Old 12-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

What a lovely quilt your blocks make, Jaba.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:39 PM

Here's my finished QAYG from, I think, about Boom 10 maybe? Sorry the picture is so bad, it's dark and raining again. I backed it with TOT Cream flannel. I think my daughter will like it. It's just outline quilting, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Hey, it is DONE!
Attached Thumbnails 101b0260-2-.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 02:16 PM

What a lovely quilt, Jaba!

Libster, 2010. So I don't need to feel pressure to get these all done? They will wait for me?
Beautiful. And finished is a great word in quilting dictionary!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Sewbiz, Maybe he wasn't intending his remarks to come out that way. Maybe he truly doesn't understand how you can have that much patience, perseverance, and dedication to it all because he can't understand the satisfaction we get out of being creative. My hubby is on the total far end of the rational scale of expressing oneself. Me, you guessed it, totally on the emotional end. Couldn't be farther apart if we tried. But we give each other space to do our own thing.
He rolls his eyes a lot when I ask his opinion! He is an expert eye roller!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:43 PM

OH boy GramE our dh's must be related. Hubby is forever rolling his eyes at me. Sewbiz my dh is fine with my sewing but my kids all think I'm crazy and that I must be bored stiff just sewing away. I pretty much sew everyday and when I don't it's usually not a good day.

libster Congratulauions a great completed quilt. Jaba yours is coming right along, love your sashing and can't wait to see what you do for a border
Old 12-05-2016, 02:47 PM

Sewbiz, my BFF doesn't understand the pleasure I get from sewing either. She'll roll her eyes and ask me "Don't you ever get tired of sewing all the time?". I just tell her no, I don't get tired of it. I enjoy creating something for the people that I love. Bet you would never guess that she does not sew and has absolutely no clue! I just tell her my sewing is to me as her piano playing is to her. I get another eye roll, it just does not equate to her. Oh well, there are other things that we do see eye-to-eye on, so I'll call it even.