Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 PM

Working on while we wait....

Packing up 2 rooms so we can have carpet laid in them this Friday ... (Major Pain in the Asterisk)

Making "pillowcase" dresses for my 5 yr Granddaughter that broke her elbow a couple weeks ago. She started kindergarten with her arm in cast and they needed "easy on/easy off" dresses/clothes. She'll have it in cast at least 3 more weeks, then they will take out pins and see if she has to have cast after that for awhile.

Making rompers for other 2 granddaughters so they don't feel left out. 7 & 10 yr old ... but just got the patterns for them....now I need extra hours for that project.

And finally.... making other blocks for a different project group ... way behind on them.

Of course full time job and all the nasty laundry/house stuff too.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Billi
Ok Ladies whats on your design board? What are you working on while you wait patiently for your squishy to arrive?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556010[/ATTACH]

This is what I'm working on. The top is the beginning of a baby quilt Dr. Seuss's the Lorax fabric line. The bottom is a quilt for a wedding gift. I need to have done by October. it's their first anniversary. I need to find a little bit bigger of a circle to use in the center the one I have is a tad small and the next size I have found is way to big I need to find just right.

but what I really want to play with are boom fabrics
LOL

Now, Billi, what on earth gave you the idea that we're waiting patiently?? LOL BTW- I love that square center. I don't think it's too big at all. This is going to be a looooong week.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:35 PM

My design wall (a flannel sheet) is sitting folded on my sewing table waiting patiently while I unpack boxes. I'm hoping to get a few more unpacked before fabrics arrive.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Way back in Boom 15 I sent fabric to make a space quilt for my nephew, the brother to the girl who is getting the pink butterfly quilt. Anyway I got back amazing stars, space ships, comets, and planets. One of the ladies, Beebeatty used an incredible batik to make her star. I complimented the fabric choice and told her how much I loved it. She kindly gifted me a generous piece of it to use in the quilt wherever it was needed. As it turned out I needed one more block to complete the layout, so what other thing does a space quilt need ...................... well a sun of course. So I have been working on the sun block made w/ Bee's beautiful batik fabric so I can start assembling Hedge's quilt. W/o further ado, here it is ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555952[/ATTACH]
That is so amazing and beautiful. I feel like I'm out in space, looking at it. Bravo.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:59 AM

I just put together 3 donation tops for Wrap a Smile. Just need to add a small border to each of them to give a more finished look. Will quilt hem when I need a break from the boom blocks. Came home from lake on Sunday afternoon and going back this afternoon, enjoyed my sewing time. Hubby has the next three days off and we will head back out there this afternoon.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:01 AM

Moonworks sorry to hear your little grand daughter broke her elbow. Not fun for her
Old 08-16-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
Ok Ladies whats on your design board? What are you working on while you wait patiently for your squishy to arrive?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556010[/ATTACH]

This is what I'm working on. The top is the beginning of a baby quilt Dr. Seuss's the Lorax fabric line. The bottom is a quilt for a wedding gift. I need to have done by October. it's their first anniversary. I need to find a little bit bigger of a circle to use in the center the one I have is a tad small and the next size I have found is way to big I need to find just right.

but what I really want to play with are boom fabrics
love the wedding quilt! Does that block have a name or is it your own creation?

This July has been full of dogs for me. Boarding has become so expensive, "Let's call GramE!". So in addition to my own dogs I had 3 maltese/shih tzu mix puff balls for 10 days, they think the world revolves around them! They went home & 4 days later in comes 2 poodles with manners, thank you. But 4-5 dogs is too many for me, an old woman who thinks two dogs is too much many days! So grateful for a fenced in backyard.

But I'm trying to get my sewing refuge ready. New blade in rotary cutter. Using up bobbins with little bits of thread left on them. Taking inventory, still need a new WOW. Still need to clean my iron & wash my board cover or at least put a different pillowcase on it. Thought maybe I would sew the pieces of my "summer" table top together. Just in case it stays undone for a bit I put Christmas on the back! My wall actually still has my Boom 16 blocks on it. Finishing up the last one today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556029[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 08-16-2016 at 05:27 AM. Reason: I wanted too.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:23 AM

And if anyone besides me needs a mental reminder on which group is which, my mental gymnastics tells me Topaz is twenty and Opal is only fourteen. Some of us (me) need more help than others!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 AM

HAHAHA - I have think that Topaz has more letters in it and thus we are the longer group
Old 08-16-2016, 06:01 AM

Wish I had room for a design wall! I usually just lay the blocks out on my bed and rearrange them on there. Still need to put the orange Boom 16 together..just not enough hours in a day and found out yesterday I have to have cataract surgery sometime soon..Knew my eye was getting fuzzy but didn't know if it was allergies or what. Eye dr yesterday said right eye is candidate now and left can wait..ugh..always something.