Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-16-2016, 07:46 AM

Default Tracking #'s

Good morning, Topazers. Topazites? Topazians? Topaziacs? (That one sounds like a med!) Oh, dear. Good morning, Boomers!

I've printed the shipping labels so you will start receiving your tracking numbers directly from USPS.com. (Ibex94, you will get an email from me later today or tomorrow with your tracking #.) Packages will go out tomorrow afternoon so most of you will have your F8s on Friday, with the remainder arriving on Saturday if all goes as planned. Just in time for the weekend.

Yay, Topaznians! Yep, like that one.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Good morning, Topazers. Topazites? Topazians? Topaziacs? (That one sounds like a med!) Oh, dear. Good morning, Boomers!

I've printed the shipping labels so you will start receiving your tracking numbers directly from USPS.com. (Ibex94, you will get an email from me later today or tomorrow with your tracking #.) Packages will go out tomorrow afternoon so most of you will have your F8s on Friday, with the remainder arriving on Saturday if all goes as planned. Just in time for the weekend.

Put one down for Pavlov, I'm salivating. Tracking number received! Breathe, just breathe.

Topaznian, sounds so European.

Last edited by GramE; 08-16-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:06 AM

I have my tracking number also!

For fun... I tracked it. It said "Sitting on the table because hubby kept tripping over them".

Gosh, never knew it could get that detailed, lol.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Nah, it should say "sitting on the floor in her guest room waiting to be sealed while she quadruple checks the count." But you were close, tomorrow is "tripping by the front door day."
Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I have my tracking number also!

For fun... I tracked it. It said "Sitting on the table because hubby kept tripping over them".

Gosh, never knew it could get that detailed, lol.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94
Janice -- thank you!!!

Kass -- gorgeous sun and the quilt you are making.

I am going to a quilt show tomorrow so maybe I'll be superinspired to create when I return.

Billi, I do not have a design wall. I have to pick everything up and put it away or the cats will sit upon it. My father-in-law and husband probably wouldnt be too happy with me if I set up a design wall in the dining room. Its bad enough that that is where I put my sewing machines... but we use the cabinets to set up buffets when we have guests so they don't complain too much about the machines in the dining room...
You found a place to work that is important......so by design wall I'm just askin' what kind of fun are you having while you wait?

Originally Posted by terriamn
I just put together 3 donation tops for Wrap a Smile. Just need to add a small border to each of them to give a more finished look. Will quilt hem when I need a break from the boom blocks. Came home from lake on Sunday afternoon and going back this afternoon, enjoyed my sewing time. Hubby has the next three days off and we will head back out there this afternoon.
Nice you're getting a lot done one of these days I'll get some donation quilts I have planned made once I get through the ones I have promised in my head anyway.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Working on while we wait....

Packing up 2 rooms so we can have carpet laid in them this Friday ... (Major Pain in the Asterisk)

Making "pillowcase" dresses for my 5 yr Granddaughter that broke her elbow a couple weeks ago. She started kindergarten with her arm in cast and they needed "easy on/easy off" dresses/clothes. She'll have it in cast at least 3 more weeks, then they will take out pins and see if she has to have cast after that for awhile.

Making rompers for other 2 granddaughters so they don't feel left out. 7 & 10 yr old ... but just got the patterns for them....now I need extra hours for that project.

And finally.... making other blocks for a different project group ... way behind on them.

Of course full time job and all the nasty laundry/house stuff too.
Ok housework and laundry will be there trust me no one is going to sneak in and do it for you! I hate that about laundry and house work, and packing sucks balls ALWAYS! Broken Elbow Ouch poor baby but the little dresses will be perfect for her.

Originally Posted by GramE
love the wedding quilt! Does that block have a name or is it your own creation?

This July has been full of dogs for me. Boarding has become so expensive, "Let's call GramE!". So in addition to my own dogs I had 3 maltese/shih tzu mix puff balls for 10 days, they think the world revolves around them! They went home & 4 days later in comes 2 poodles with manners, thank you. But 4-5 dogs is too many for me, an old woman who thinks two dogs is too much many days! So grateful for a fenced in backyard.

But I'm trying to get my sewing refuge ready. New blade in rotary cutter. Using up bobbins with little bits of thread left on them. Taking inventory, still need a new WOW. Still need to clean my iron & wash my board cover or at least put a different pillowcase on it. Thought maybe I would sew the pieces of my "summer" table top together. Just in case it stays undone for a bit I put Christmas on the back! My wall actually still has my Boom 16 blocks on it. Finishing up the last one today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556029[/ATTACH]
I have a couple of dogs that want to come play too hahahahaha you are such a softy I love it. The wedding quilt I don't know if it has a name basically I made giant dresden plates then cut them into 15 1/2" squares.
Like your table topper good idea making it reversible you are a thinker.

And if anyone besides me needs a mental reminder on which group is which, my mental gymnastics tells me Topaz is twenty and Opal is only fourteen. Some of us (me) need more help than others!
I need all the help I can get but I need to know what mental gymnastics got you to those numbers

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Wish I had room for a design wall! I usually just lay the blocks out on my bed and rearrange them on there. Still need to put the orange Boom 16 together..just not enough hours in a day and found out yesterday I have to have cataract surgery sometime soon..Knew my eye was getting fuzzy but didn't know if it was allergies or what. Eye dr yesterday said right eye is candidate now and left can wait..ugh..always something.
Jeeze Joan thats awful but seeing is kind of important when quilting. at least thats what they tell me.

Originally Posted by Janice McC

YAY Topaznians unite! my tracking number just came in.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:32 AM

It's official Billi, this is longer than any post ever in the history of the QB. I'd know bc I had the previous record.

As for opal being 14, it's 15 actually, and topaz is 20. I believe GramE meant the first letter's position in the English alphabet. That would be my guess.

Soon, I'll have enough time to actually read all the posts for the last week instead of just skimming them.

Back to counting.
Originally Posted by Billi
You found a place to work that is important......so by design wall I'm just askin' what kind of fun are you having while you wait?

Nice you're getting a lot done one of these days I'll get some donation quilts I have planned made once I get through the ones I have promised in my head anyway.

Ok housework and laundry will be there trust me no one is going to sneak in and do it for you! I hate that about laundry and house work, and packing sucks balls ALWAYS! Broken Elbow Ouch poor baby but the little dresses will be perfect for her.

I have a couple of dogs that want to come play too hahahahaha you are such a softy I love it. The wedding quilt I don't know if it has a name basically I made giant dresden plates then cut them into 15 1/2" squares.
Like your table topper good idea making it reversible you are a thinker.

I need all the help I can get but I need to know what mental gymnastics got you to those numbers

Jeeze Joan thats awful but seeing is kind of important when quilting. at least thats what they tell me.

YAY Topaznians unite! my tracking number just came in.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 AM

Billi, the Topaz & Twenty start with the same letter. Same for Opal & only 14. (I know it is 15 but I'm only getting 14, gymnastics, there has to be a twist or two! I'm not even close to Olympic gymnasts! Easy stuff like same letters go together.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Billi, the Topaz & Twenty start with the same letter. Same for Opal & only 14. (I know it is 15 but I'm only getting 14, gymnastics, there has to be a twist or two! I'm not even close to Olympic gymnasts! Easy stuff like same letters go together.
Did you count yourself in Opal? LOL... I get 15 including me.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:53 AM

Got my email saying package would be shipped tomorrow! Yeah ...on my free weekend too!!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:50 AM

See and I thought it was the alphabet sequence!! I'd never have thought of the number of f8s! Lol!