Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Some progress on the space quilt.
Kass -- it is out of this world!!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) I do love the quilting. When the backside is as interesting as the front side, you know you have a great piece of art!
Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Billi
OK I'm sharing now. I made this for my youngest daughter and I just put the last border on today. This quilt top has been a monkey on my back for over a year. it has driven me nuts. I started with a pattern for a couch quilt we loved the different boots and the funky setting then added the horse panels and wanted it queen size. Seriously it should not have been that difficult bit for some reason my math was off (shocker) my cutting was shall we say unique at times and my 1/4 inch seam allowance was at times non existent. I have sewn ripped sewn and redone some of this quilt more than once. Probably equal to 2 queen quilts. But the top is done She recently moved and will be living in Norway for 2 years so she wants it extra warm it has a dark brown minkee back and I am having it double batted with wool and quilters dream puff (a hi-loft poly). That should keep her warm but I am not looking forward to putting the binding on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]555628[/ATTACH]

I'm calling it "Boot Scoot Boogie Double Time."

What a beauty! It's a feast for the eyes and I'm sure it'll warm your daughter--body AND soul! So you pieced all of the boots to create their designs, looks like. How cool. The colors are fabulous, and the piano keys border is perfect for this quilt. I can see how it could be a monkey on your back but well worth it! I'm really impressed. A labor of love !
Old 08-17-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
((( I'm free! Free to breath and move around. I'm able to get some sleep. To read a book. I'm free!))) Oops, did I say that aloud?

F8s are gone, on their way to all of you.
Breathe deeply, read. Short book, take a nap. THEN START SEWING 👍
Old 08-17-2016, 04:05 PM

I love the space quilt.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:07 PM

Love the grandmothers fan, and especially love the boot. Do you know where I can buy a pair of them.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Very cool space quilt! What kid wouldn't love that? I'm a big kid and I'd love it.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Some progress on the space quilt.
Kass I love it can't wait to see it finished.

Originally Posted by zozee
What a beauty! It's a feast for the eyes and I'm sure it'll warm your daughter--body AND soul! So you pieced all of the boots to create their designs, looks like. How cool. The colors are fabulous, and the piano keys border is perfect for this quilt. I can see how it could be a monkey on your back but well worth it! I'm really impressed. A labor of love !
Thank you I'm happy with it and I know that she will love it.

Originally Posted by Janice McC
((( I'm free! Free to breath and move around. I'm able to get some sleep. To read a book. I'm free!))) Oops, did I say that aloud?

F8s are gone, on their way to all of you.
Ya hoooooooooo time to celebrate big!!!!! you know a comfy chair and a good book

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Love the grandmothers fan, and especially love the boot. Do you know where I can buy a pair of them.
Thank you I would so wear those boots and love every second of it.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:01 PM

So love the boot quilt!

Kass your space quilt is fantastic. I see my cute star block I made! Nice to see something of mine get finished.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Another update on the space quilt. All the parts are on now except the binding. I have a little more quilting to do first. It is for an 8 y/o boy so hoping he likes it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1194.jpg   dsc_1195.jpg  
Old 08-18-2016, 05:49 PM

Absolutely perfect! To infinity and beyond!