Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-22-2016, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by GramE
Just wanted everyone to know I was busy. Hand sewing takes a bit longer. As well as fussy cutting!
I'm working on a hand sewn (epp) fussy cut block too. They do take longer, but they are wonderful when done. Not sure how many I will make this way on this boom, still playing w/ the mirrors on some of the prints.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I'm working on a hand sewn (epp) fussy cut block too. They do take longer, but they are wonderful when done. Not sure how many I will make this way on this boom, still playing w/ the mirrors on some of the prints.
It's a lot easier to change the thread colors! I might sew on the machine if it takes the color threaded on there now. Laziness is easier some days!
Old 08-22-2016, 05:03 AM

Wow very pretty gram e
Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 AM

Oh my you ladies have been busy and chatty and making awesome blocks, Kass has even lured GramE to the dark side hahahahaha I love it all.

Joan my block is perfect thank you.

Also weighing in on appliqué I love the lightweight fusable webbing and I almost always it. I almost always use a blanket stitch on the edges to finish, unless it's very small and intricate then I'll just use a straight stitch. I don't care for the satin stitch it's to easy to get bound up and make a mess.

Me I'm a bit behind I've gone through the Opal pkg. to pull some fabrics but spent the weekend out with Mr Bill so maybe I'll be able to get some sewing done today.

Last edited by Billi; 08-22-2016 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:24 AM

Why not post individual pix of each so they can be better seen? Up to you. If you post one of the four blocks, I'll just end up editing it four times to get them in the gallery so really, I vote for four individual pix that are pre-shrunk to under 200 kb on each pic. The less steps for each pic, the better for me. By the time this is done, I'll have captured, moved, edited, named, filed, and reposted up to 550 photos so anything y'all can do on your end to save me steps is welcome.

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
...So,which is better...photos of 4 blocks in one shot...or e- mailing them to the overworked fearless leader? ...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:26 AM

Kass you can buy freezer paper online at walmart. Here's a link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reynolds-...PAPER/38472987

I noticed you can even buy it in bulk. Online shopping makes everything easier.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 AM

Oh, oh, oh...I'm already liking this one! Thank you, GramE.
Originally Posted by GramE
I use it a lot when print on fabric with the computer, in fact it is on the grocery list this week!

My poor ADD brain is in overload! If you all could have seen my sewing table earlier, you might have gotten a bit nervous. My duck are all in a row at least for tonight. I want to look at everything all at once. Some I'm drawn to, some give me pause, but I want to make you each a great block that fits your request. I have chosen a starting spot.

I I never have given a sneak peek, but here is one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556498[/ATTACH]
Old 08-22-2016, 06:32 AM

Moonwork, you just became my favorite for the day! I've been fretting about this one more than any other. Yes, yes, we all know Janice lives in her own little perfectly square box, although I planned to venture out again but I fear the results would be unacceptable. But luckily, there's plenty of time left so I'm going to try something new to me but it's good to know I can fall back to traditional. THANK YOU!
Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Hey - Just to clarify too.... I love "traditional" blocks also. The lady this will be for is also a quilter so she appreciates all type of blocks . Don't feel intimidated to have to do applique or something funky.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Moonwork, you just became my favorite for the day! I've been fretting about this one more than any other. Yes, yes, we all know Janice lives in her own little perfectly square box, although I planned to venture out again but I fear the results would be unacceptable. But luckily, there's plenty of time left so I'm going to try something new to me but it's good to know I can fall back to traditional. THANK YOU!

Good... I was afraid that someone would think they "HAD" to do an applique block .... oh no... any and all types would be loved and snuggled.

Here's a simple one for you Janice (bawhahahahaha)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556515[/ATTACH]
or
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556516[/ATTACH]

he he he

(Still your favorite?)
Attached Thumbnails bargello.jpg   bargello2.jpg  

Last edited by moonwork42029; 08-22-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:24 AM

OMG--Moonwork is that strip pieced. It's like a strobe, can't stop looking. I love it.