Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-05-2016, 04:52 PM

Kassundra great quilt in the making!

My squishies are tracking to Janice's now. In my search for appropriate block patterns to match the anticipated BOOM fabrics I discovered a sale on fabric I have been wanting to get so I have something to new to work on before the squisies arrive. Jewels of the Universe quilt by Jason Yenter's Celestial fabrics (In the Beginning); looks like Mollymunchkin's fabric a little.

Hope I can get it done by the end of Sept. If not then, by Christmas. I hope it doesn't become a UFO....
Old 08-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Finished piecing my squaring corners, but I'm done for the day so adding, backing and quilting will have to wait until hopefully Sunday.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
The beginnings of the quilt, here is the center 9 patch it will be on point.
Kass it's so pretty I really like how you are setting it together. I can't wait to see the squaring corners.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:06 PM

I've been picture / idea surfing and thinking about the fish fabric Joan, I think I finally have an idea, how old is the boy it is for?

And Molly the boy the space quilt is for how old is he and is he a sci fi fan? If so which one(s)?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I've been picture / idea surfing and thinking about the fish fabric Joan, I think I finally have an idea, how old is the boy it is for?

And Molly the boy the space quilt is for how old is he and is he a sci fi fan? If so which one(s)?
GREAT QUESTIONS! I'm waiting to see the answers too. I have a fish block in mind.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Conner will be 12 in november. When I asked him what kind of quilt he wanted he said "fish"...ANYTHING will be fine.. hes not a really picky kid!!
Old 08-06-2016, 01:07 PM

I was so excited today! Got a call from my friend that delivers my quilts and she had the finished ones with her! I think I have 8 Patch Pals to put the binding on now and the big Labyrith quilt. Sent the blue one from the last Boom down to have it quilted plus 6 more of the patch pals. Working on the last 2, the kitty and the turtle. I made an album of the ones Ive finished so far if you want to see them. Its been a fun project! I was kind of dreading the bill along with the quilts but Audrey only charged me $20 for the small ones and only $50 to quilt the big one...And she provides the batting! SO glad I found her and her husband!!
Old 08-06-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
I was so excited today! Got a call from my friend that delivers my quilts and she had the finished ones with her! I think I have 8 Patch Pals to put the binding on now and the big Labyrith quilt. Sent the blue one from the last Boom down to have it quilted plus 6 more of the patch pals. Working on the last 2, the kitty and the turtle. I made an album of the ones Ive finished so far if you want to see them. Its been a fun project! I was kind of dreading the bill along with the quilts but Audrey only charged me $20 for the small ones and only $50 to quilt the big one...And she provides the batting! SO glad I found her and her husband!!
She is a treasure f'sure!!! How can she do it so affordably? I am so glad you are knocking those quilts out, too. More room for UFOs....
Old 08-06-2016, 02:52 PM

Kassaundra, I love the start of your quilt. It's going to be beautiful!

I've been on vacation for the last week or so. Sure is a lot going to catch up on. I'll be mailing my fabric on Monday Janice. I'm posting it here. Hoping to finish a couple of quilts by doing this. I imagine a few of you have already made some blocks for me from boom 15 & the Jade boom. Excited to see what you come up with. The bird fabric I cut extra so you can fussy cut.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555447[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-17-fabric-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 PM

I remember the cardinal fabric, I made an attic windows block w/ it last time.